Search for content in message boards

PALMER, BRUCE

Replies: 3

Re: Palmer & Bruce Families

Posted: 24 Sep 2013 12:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello, my name is Lee O. Warren, Nixon Palmer was my 4th Great grandfather. I'm from his daughter, ( Martha "Patsey" Palmer) side who married a Oliver Logan in Garrard co. Kentucky, then they move west, to Wayne and Stoddard counties of S.E. Mo. and that's were my history begins with side of my family. I have some threads on the "John Palmer" from Williamsburg VA, and even took time to visit there on my trip this spring.

I just returned from a trip I took back there and went to Buckingham co. Va. where the " Cat Branch" of the Palmers lived. Was disappointed to find out that the Palmer Family Cemetery was located in a cattle feed lot, and has been for 50-75 years! They probably had it fenced in,... in the beginning, but later gave up try to constantly repair it! All of the grave stones are all broken up, just small fragments in one corner of the feed lot, and were of no use for tracing genealogy.
But I did spend a nice afternoon with a real nice lady who was the curator for the Buckingham co. Museum and Genealogy center.
I have some info from volumes of the old books we went through, Mostly tithes and land records and some census records, that I haven't had the time to organize them yet to post. but will be trying to get them out this fall.

Of course I'm interested to find out anything else about the "Palmers" and our family history, especially from middle Va. to the seaboard.

Hope to hear back from you, I'm from CA. and don't know of many relatives before Oklahoma 1880s. ( dust bowlers!)

Lee W arren,
Linden, Ca.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
PLDunford 31 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT 
J.Denton Palmer 24 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT 
wpbruce6830 21 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT 
leewarren70 24 Sep 2013 6:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions