Search for content in message boards

Trying to find out the parents of my ggf, John Brown

Replies: 6

Re: Trying to find out the parents of my ggf, John Brown

Posted: 16 Apr 2013 11:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hey Carol!!!!

There seems to be a ring of truth in this -- but it is all mixed up.

Fact: My ggrfather's name was John Brown, and he married Arminta Vaughan. I grew up playing in that cemetery and I promise you this is the match up of people.

I wonder if my GGF could have been David John or John David.... I'd be very interested in your research-----

Please find marriage certs, death cert for Sallie Wireman Brown a photo of the three generations, John Brown, his grandson, John Wesley Brown and his son, Sanford Brown, a photo of three generations, Sant's wife, Sallie Wireman Brown, her son, John Wesley Brown and her motherinlaw, Arminta Vaughan.

BUT, my ggf, Sanford Brown, John and Arminta's son, was a postmaster at Noctor-- Sanford's wife, Sarah Sallie Wireman, was a relief postmistress. I have all the postmaster stuff documented on my Brown Tree.

My grandfather, John Wesley Brown, Sant's son, was a relief postmaster for my grandmother, Thelma Jane Truesdell. My father was Jack Brown, John and Thelma's oldest.

If you're doing research on this set of Browns-- please look at my tree, it's all done. I have marriage licenses and documentation through birth/death records and census as well as photos of everyone ... acb1030 is my username on ancestry. My email address is acb1030@hotmail.co.uk or you can contact me on here.

I'd be happy to give you full access to my tree. I assume you're a professional genealogist, I have no problem with this.

Thank you so much for giving me a possible lead...Cris Brown.

Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
acb1030 15 Apr 2013 6:15PM GMT 
CarolSexton52... 15 Apr 2013 10:01PM GMT 
acb1030 15 Apr 2013 10:20PM GMT 
CarolSexton52... 16 Apr 2013 12:24AM GMT 
acb1030 16 Apr 2013 1:19PM GMT 
CarolSexton52... 16 Apr 2013 3:15PM GMT 
acb1030 16 Apr 2013 5:49PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions