Search for content in message boards

Trying to find out the parents of my ggf, John Brown

Replies: 6

Re: Trying to find out the parents of my ggf, John Brown

Posted: 16 Apr 2013 11:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hey Carol!!!!

There seems to be a ring of truth in this -- but it is all mixed up.

Fact: My ggrfather's name was John Brown, and he married Arminta Vaughan. I grew up playing in that cemetery and I promise you this is the match up of people.

I wonder if my GGF could have been David John or John David.... I'd be very interested in your research-----

Please find marriage certs, death cert for Sallie Wireman Brown a photo of the three generations, John Brown, his grandson, John Wesley Brown and his son, Sanford Brown, a photo of three generations, Sant's wife, Sallie Wireman Brown, her son, John Wesley Brown and her motherinlaw, Arminta Vaughan.

BUT, my ggf, Sanford Brown, John and Arminta's son, was a postmaster at Noctor-- Sanford's wife, Sarah Sallie Wireman, was a relief postmistress. I have all the postmaster stuff documented on my Brown Tree.

My grandfather, John Wesley Brown, Sant's son, was a relief postmaster for my grandmother, Thelma Jane Truesdell. My father was Jack Brown, John and Thelma's oldest.

If you're doing research on this set of Browns-- please look at my tree, it's all done. I have marriage licenses and documentation through birth/death records and census as well as photos of everyone ... acb1030 is my username on ancestry. My email address is or you can contact me on here.

I'd be happy to give you full access to my tree. I assume you're a professional genealogist, I have no problem with this.

Thank you so much for giving me a possible lead...Cris Brown.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
acb1030 15 Apr 2013 6:15PM GMT 
CarolSexton52... 15 Apr 2013 10:01PM GMT 
acb1030 15 Apr 2013 10:20PM GMT 
CarolSexton52... 16 Apr 2013 12:24AM GMT 
acb1030 16 Apr 2013 1:19PM GMT 
CarolSexton52... 16 Apr 2013 3:15PM GMT 
acb1030 16 Apr 2013 5:49PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic