Search for content in message boards

"Fidding" John Turner

Replies: 2

"Fidding" John Turner

Amanda Hawthorne (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am currently searching for my ggggrandfather, John Turner.
He was supposedly born in 1814 in a small town called Middlesboro. Middlesboro was in different counties when
the borderlines were being set. I already searched Knox county and came up with nothing. John's father came to the Kentucky mountain area and settled in Yellow Creek Valley where "Fiddling" John was born. John had a brother Samuel that was killed for speaking up to some of the worst mountain desperados that ever trod the Kentucky soil. They were called the "Bloody Sixteen" and they robbed and killed as they pleased. Both John and Samuel were in the Civil War. They were both on the Union side. John served as a scout against general John H. Morgan. John may have been born in Harlan county. I do not know who John married, but I know that they had a son named Henry. Henry married a woman that was either half or full blooded indian. John's
father also lived to be about 103. I know that John was still alive in 1897, but I am not sure when he died. If you have any information on this family, I would appreciate
the help. Thank you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Amanda Hawthorne 30 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Don Reid 9 Apr 2014 1:27AM GMT 
Don Reid 9 Apr 2014 1:31AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic