Search for content in message boards

Ernest Horback (1912-1962 -- Sonora / Larue &/or Hardin Counties)

Replies: 2

Ernest Horback (1912-1962 -- Sonora / Larue &/or Hardin Counties)

Posted: 13 Aug 2013 10:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hornback, Salmon, Devore, Oiler
I'm hoping that I can find some sources via help on here for my grandfather, Ernest Hornback. His daughter, my grandma, is still alive, as are multiple of her siblings, but the events surrounding his death are somewhat emotional for anyone I can ask. I WILL be interviewing a bit more intently but for now, I do not want to bring up bad memories. However, I cannot find anything regarding the events other than his SS death info. Here are the details I know:

Ernest Hornback
DoB: 11 May 1912 - probably in Larue County, KY
DoD: 28 Jun 1962 - Lexington/Fayette County, KY (but he lived in Sonora, KY at the time)

Father: Edward or Edgar Warren Hornback (1870-1944)
Mother: Lucy Oiler (1887-1929)

Spouse: Jesse Florence Salmon (1921-1998)
Marriage: 23 Jul 1937 or 1938

The drama surrounding him is that he apparently committed suicide in Lexington, KY, because Grandma Jesse had left him. However, very quiet family stories apparently say that he had been in Lexington in order to gain revenge as well as ending his life. Supposedly Grandma Jesse had not just wanted to end the marriage, but was in love with someone else, and they were together in Lexington. According to the stories, he shot my grandma in the head, but she survived, and various versions claim that he killed the other man while others say that the other man was her next husband, Thomas Devore.

Despite this sounding worthy of at least a blurb in some newspaper, I've not found anything. I have not seen any sort of hint or clue either when searching records online or when attempting to remember anything that would clarify the situation.

If anyone has any additional info on this death, or any other info on the rest of the names involved, I'd be extremely grateful.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this, and I hope that some light will finally be shed on this without having to drag my family members back into painful memories.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Alisha Peters... 14 Aug 2013 4:09AM GMT 
thomasker2 15 Aug 2013 6:08PM GMT 
Alisha Peters... 20 Aug 2013 6:49PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions