Search for content in message boards

Donaldson Family Mystery

Replies: 2

Donaldson Family Mystery

Posted: 15 Aug 2013 2:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Aug 2013 2:05PM GMT
Surnames: Donaldson, Kaelin
My GG Grandfather John Bristow Donaldson was born in Kentucky in Dec 1871. He was orphaned at about the age of 2 or so according to my uncle (I am not sure if the age is correct or not, but I believe I found him living with a different family in 1880). My Great Uncle remembers his "Bappy" and told me some names of his siblings. They were all split up and sent to different family members. Using the names of his siblings and the information that I had, I found a good candidate for his parents, George G or W Donaldson and Sallie Ann Kaelin. I was able to find their marriage certificate, and a copy of George's will listing out the children's names that matched what my uncle gave me. I found the Donaldson family in the 1870 census, just before John was born unfortunately, in Eminence, KY. I have a copy of the will but it doesn't give any information of George's death, just how his estate is to be divided amongst his children, no mention of his wife. It was atleast signed in 1878. I can't find any more information other than these three documents. Can someone point me in the right direction, where I could go with this information? I don't think there were death records at the time at a state level, but maybe local records were kept? I am fairly confident "Bappy" is the son of George and Sallie but I am trying to say for sure. And I want to find out more information about George and Sallie. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
eriverafamily... 15 Aug 2013 8:04PM GMT 
williamalbert... 16 Aug 2013 1:40AM GMT 
vanbookie 16 Aug 2013 9:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions