Search for content in message boards

JEREMIAH HIBBS did not die in Saline County, Illinois in 1868

Replies: 6

Re: JEREMIAH HIBBS did not die in Saline County, Illinois in 1868

Posted: 10 Jan 2014 9:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
I saw your information re: Jeremiah Valentine Hibbs. Leonard Hibbs was my paternal great-great grandparent.. I do know that Leonard Hibbs died in Harrisburg, Saline County, Illinois as I have been to cemetery and placed flowers on the graves there. He is buried with my great grandmother, Mary Olive Hibbs Jennings (wife of James Ewell Jennings d. 1936, Webster County, KY. Buried at Jennings Family Cemetery, Providence, Webster County, KY which is situated on the land that was part of the Revolutionary Land Grant to Lewis Jennings from VA in 1783). I was with my grandmother, her daughter, at the cemetery. My grandmother, Gradie Lee Jennings Cairel, told me that her grandfather was nearly blind in his later years, and refinished (sanded and painted) furniture for money. She stated that he felt of the edge of quarters to determine their denomination.
I do not know how the census information became so muddled, but when asked, my grandmother would only reply that the Hibbs in Hopkins County, KY were "related somehow" (read I won't talk about them). I am trying to clear things for my God-daughter, who is descended from Jeremiah Valentine Hibbs, as I am. I had hopes that her Hibbs grandmother would be able to clarify things, but she doesn't remember much ("Daddy won't talk about it"). Typical Hibbs response. I do know that JoBell Hibbs Hudson entered the DAR through Michael Hargan and I am hopeful that her papers will shed some light. If can be of any assistance, please email me at dkcairel@gmail.com at anytime.
Sincerely,
Keith Cairel
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rhibbs7778 5 May 2007 3:01PM GMT 
JDLaffoon46 6 May 2007 11:44PM GMT 
rhibbs7778 7 May 2007 10:38PM GMT 
JDLaffoon46 11 May 2007 10:17PM GMT 
SandraPlante 17 Sep 2007 1:08AM GMT 
rhibbs7778 18 Sep 2007 2:25AM GMT 
dkcairel 10 Jan 2014 4:07PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic