Hughes' Station

Replies: 5

Hughes Station

Paul Jacobson (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hughes, Drake
Hi Cindy,

Thanks for replying to my Hughes Station query. This ideed sounds like what I am looking for. The only info I know about Jesse Hughes I have found in the History of Clinton Co Ohio by Beers (if you dont have that I will be glad to send you the extract of what it says). It says that he was
born in VA, moved to PA with family when young, then when he was about 17 his fathers bother took him to KY with him. (Nevers names his uncle).

While in Jefferson County, KY he married Elizabeth Drake and moved to Wilmington OH where they had a bunch of kids (names and dates for most of them). While in Ohio, he referes to living at "Hughes Station" in KY but in all my searching, I had been unable to find any reference to it. Obviously not one of the bigger, well known forts of the time. (I assume)

I will need to get my maps out an look up these places and see if I can find any of them. Thank you very much for this bit of info.

I am descendid through his daughter Mary b 1815 who married Robert P Wood.

I would be interested to know if you have more info on Jesse or if you have had any luck finding his parents.

I tried to e-mail you at the address on your message but it bounced back as undeliveralbe. Please e-mail me at pkjacobson@earthlink.net and tell me more. This man is one of my Brick Walls.

Paul Jacobson

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Paul Jacobson 6 May 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Laurie Ronan 9 May 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Paul Jacobson 9 May 1999 12:00PM GMT 
cwalk 18 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Paul Jacobson 22 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT 
cwalk 24 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions