Search for content in message boards

Lucas, Meredith, Conliffe, Cunliffe families - 1860's

Replies: 3

Lucas, Meredith, Conliffe, Cunliffe families - 1860's

Posted: 17 Aug 2011 10:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lucas, Meredith, Conliffe, Conliff, Cunliff
I am looking to find more information about the families of these four people who were in Jefferson County, Kentucky between 1860-1870.

Mary Ellen Conliff married John Lucas in Jefferson County, Kentucky on Jan 22, 1863.

**Mary Ellen Conliff Lucas (1840-1889) was born in England and is buried in Athens City Cemetery in Athens, Alabama.
**Captain John Lucas was born in Northern Ireland and served in the Co. F 5 Ky Inf CSA, and is buried in Athens City Cemetery, Athens, Alabama.

Sallie Conliff (transcribed Cunliffe in the documents) married Alfred Meredith in Jefferson County, Kentucky on October 7, 1869.

**Sallie Conliffe Meredith was born in England, and is probably Mary Ellen Conliffe's sister. Sallie moved to Alabama with her husband where she gave birth to a son, John Thomas Meredith (Senior) in 1873.I believe Sallie passed away before 1880.

**Alfred Meredith was born in Wales. I believe that he also passed away before 1880.

Any information on any of these people or their families in Jefferson County, Kentucky during that period would be most appreciated. I am posting this to the message board, so if it is sent to the mailing list, please contact me via the message board at Ancestry. Thanks!

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
aquamarineste... 18 Aug 2011 4:02AM GMT 
reaganbarnett... 9 Mar 2013 3:15AM GMT 
aquamarineste... 9 Mar 2013 3:22AM GMT 
aquamarineste... 9 Mar 2013 3:22AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions