Search for content in message boards

Jefferson Woodworking

Replies: 0

Jefferson Woodworking

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 11:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi All Posters,

I first posted my question about my beautiful dining room set back in 2003. In Feb. 2004, Brian Mercke, a family member from Jefferson Woodworking Co. gave us a bit of history of the company.

He answered many of our questions and if you scroll back and read his posts, your question may be answered.

I have been very surprised over the past nine yrs. to see how many people who have posted questions. It seems we really love our beautiful "Made in America" furniture.

I think it is a National shame that we have lost the craftsmen and companies like Jefferson who made up many of the furniture making centers in North Carolina and Virginia.

I can only tell you, my father went to work at the age of 18 as an electrical apprentice at a major shipbuilding co, went off to war, came back to his job and they threw him out at the age of 73 kicking and screaming "they're taking my job".

We are all consumers here in the US, someone has to manufacture the items we use, why not us? Hey I kinda like that, "US for the U.S."

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions