Search for content in message boards

RE: Lanes

Replies: 0

RE: Lanes

Posted: 25 Nov 2013 4:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lanes/Spears
I am looking for any infomation on my 4th great grandparents. Ruth Lane/Layne who married Thomas Spears. Her parents were Corbin Lane & Frances Proctor, his were Spencer Spears and Tabitha Mirea Chaffin. I have been able to locate 1850/1860 census for Ruth Lane/Spears living with her sons Samuel and Abraham, I found their names as parents for Frances Jane Spears/Welch and for Wiley Marion Spears...but I cannot find anything on them as to where they were born, died or married. Have not been able to locate anything thru their parents that these were their children. Corbin ( Ruths father ) left a will but only mentions his wife and his sons. He never mentioned anything about his 6 daughters of one was Ruth....If anyone out there has anything on this line of Lanes or on Thomas Spears, I would greatly appreciate it. I know that Ruth and Thomas lived in Floyd County...and that Corbin was from Scott County, Virginia, I have been told of some deeds which I have checked out but thus far no help. Can anyone help me??

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions