All help greatly appreciated with this puzzle.
Need to find maiden name of Kate/Caty and her parents:
Kate/Caty Unknown maiden name was first found in 1860 Floyd Co. living with J. B. (the given name Elbe used in later census; he is said to be son of Allen and Rachel Nichols Collins?) Living with them are the children from his #1 wife Nancy Gibson Collins, possible the dau. of Esaw/Esau/Saul Gibson of VA & TN. The children were found in the 1850 Hancock Co. TN census living with their mother. Also living with J. B. & Kate are the first 2 of their 5 children.
Kate is said to have been born in Scott Co. VA and she had 3 children born by 1852 in VA most likely Scott Co. These three older children and her youngest child by J. B. (Elbe) Collins are found in 1870 Perry Co.
1860 Floyd Co.Census, Compiled from Microfilm by C. E. Shepard.
371. COLLINS, J. B. (this is Elbe) 42 yrs. old born TN
KATE 22 born VA
a. lsaac Collins 17 b.TN married Caroline CASEBOLT, b. March 1858, father William Casebolt
b. William Collins 12 TN married Martha NOLAN b. 1853
c. Marshall 11 TN married Unknown
d. Elizabeth 10 TN married Unknown
e. Abraham 07 TN married Unknown
NOTE: These first 5 children were born in TN to Elbe and wife #1. Nancy Gibson Collins.
1. Worden 03 b. October 1857 Floyd Co. KY m. Mary NOLAN b. May 1860 dau. of Stephen Nolan
2. Martin 02 b. January 1859 Floyd Co. KY m Nancy COX b.1859 dau. of Franklin & Sallie ? Cox NOTE: First 2 of 5 children born to Elbe Collins and Kate Gibson
Other 3 children of Kate and J. B. "Elbe" Collins:
3. James b.. May 1861 Floyd Co. KY m Martha COLLINS b. January 1872 dau. of James and Louisa Jane ? Collins
4. Amanda "Mandy" b. April 1861 Floyd Co. KY m. Henry Harrison Moore b May 1856 son of Edward and Rachel Moore in Floyd Co. KY
5. Elvira Collins b. Feb. 1866 Floyd Co. KY m. Elijah "Liage" Wallen b. son of Baxter and Lydia Wallen.
1870 Perry Co. KY Census: Page 41 68. RAIMEY , John 22 yrs old ( wrong? later records show him b. 1842?) VA (son of Kate/Caty ? Gibson)
Christiner 16 yrs. KY (dau. of Biram Combs & Hanna Owens)
69. GIBSON, Caty 36 yrs old born VA
Samuel 20 (he stated 21 yrs in 1873,) b. Scott Co. VA
William (Gibson, but also used Collins) 15 (wrong? later records show him b. 1848?) VA m. Martha Smith, dau. of
Elvira (Collins) 5
NOTE: The children with Kate above were not listed with surnames; but other family and legal transactions found indicate the surnames of these four children.
1870 Floyd Co. Census: Elbe Collins living with Jane Unknown and the first 4 children born to him and Kate.
1880 Perry Co. Census:
GIBSON, Catharine ("Kate, Caty, Katie") Elvira (Collins, dau. of Elbe Collins and Kate ? Gibson
1880 Floyd Co. Census: Elbe Collins living with his wife Elizebeth (Elizabeth "Betsy, Betty" is said to be a Wallen, but Found marriage certificate for Elbe Collins and Elizabeth and she married as a Caudill)
Kate died after Elbe Collins. She was in 1910 Knott Co. living with her son William Gibson/Collins, his wife Marthy and their children, KATIE mother 81 Widow 8 children 5 living KVK? She died after this census and is buried in the Travis Combs-Ramey Cemetery at Softshell, Knott Co. KY. Have never been able to find a death record for her.