Descendants of Andrew BAKER
Generation No. 1
1. ANDREW2 BAKER (JOHN A.1) was born 1830 in Kentucky. He married CHINA ANN HENDRIX. She was born in Kentucky.
Children of ANDREW BAKER and CHINA HENDRIX are:
i. ELISHA3 BAKER, b. Abt. 1853.
ii. ELIJAH BAKER, b. Abt. 1855.
2. iii. JEFFERSON CRAIG BAKER, b. March 28, 1859, Bell County, Kentucky; d. August 23, 1922, Knox County, Kentucky.
Generation No. 2
2. JEFFERSON CRAIG3 BAKER (ANDREW2, JOHN A.1) was born March 28, 1859 in Bell County, Kentucky, and died August 23, 1922 in Knox County, Kentucky. He married (1) REBECCA ROSE (2), daughter of NELSON ROSE and ELIZABETH POLLY (POLLEY?). She was born 1859. He married (2) MALINDA "LINDA" LAWSON?.
More About JEFFERSON CRAIG BAKER:
Burial: August 24, 1922, Artemus, Kentucky, Pierce Cemetery, Knox County
Notes for REBECCA ROSE (2):
The names Rebecca Lawson and Rebecca Carpenter ring a bell for my mother and grandmother...not sure who they are and if they are actually in the family. Rebecca Rose may have had an older sister named Rebecca who died before she the aforementioned Rebecca was born.
Notes for MALINDA "LINDA" LAWSON?:
Melinda had approximately four children from a previous marriage. Jefferson Craig and Melinda did not have any children of their own together.
A Malinda Baker (A Malinda Lawson married Jefferson Craig Baker, thus there may have been two Malinda Bakers) is listed as being the parent of Thomas Baker, who, as did Matilda Rose, died of croup. "Wm" (William?) Baker is listed as being the other parent of Thomas. Malinda, Wm., and Thomas are listed directly above Matilda Rose, N (Nelson) & Elizabeth Rose. Did these two families live next door to each other?
Children of JEFFERSON BAKER and REBECCA (2) are:
i. ELIJAH "E.J."4 BAKER, b. February 1880; m. (1) FRANKIE HARRIS, circa 1900 ?; b. 1884; m. (2) ELIZA UNKNOWN, Abt. 1910; b. Abt. 1889, Kentucky.
ii. ELISHA "E.L." BAKER1,1, b. March 07, 18871; d. November 07, 1957; m. JOSEPHINE JONES.
More About ELISHA "E.L." BAKER:
Burial: Rebecca Baker Cemetery, Carpenter, KY
Education: Elisha could read, write, and "talk English"
Occupation: Farm Laborer
3. iii. GEORGE W. BAKER, b. May 25, 1888; d. November 29, 1920.
iv. BETTIE B. BAKER, b. May 1892; m. MIKE POWERS.
4. v. DILLARD BAKER, b. August 17, 1896; d. August 17, 1972, Bell County, Kentucky.
5. vi. MARTHA BAKER, b. April 10, 1883; d. November 09, 1965.
Generation No. 3
3. GEORGE W.4 BAKER (JEFFERSON CRAIG3, ANDREW2, JOHN A.1) was born May 25, 1888, and died November 29, 1920. He married LAURA OWENS. She was born in Tennessee.
Child of GEORGE BAKER and LAURA OWENS is:
i. DESSIE RACHEL5 BAKER, b. October 30, 1911; d. September 27, 1922, Poplar Creek, Whitley County, Kentucky.
More About DESSIE RACHEL BAKER:
Burial: September 28, 1922, Rebecca Baker Cemetery, Whitley County, Kentucky
4. DILLARD4 BAKER (JEFFERSON CRAIG3, ANDREW2, JOHN A.1) was born August 17, 1896, and died August 17, 1972 in Bell County, Kentucky. He married MYRTLE HAMBLIN, daughter of JACKSON HAMBLIN and BIDDIE WILSON. She was born April 1895, and died March 12, 1962 in Whitley County, Kentucky.
Notes for DILLARD BAKER:
Dillard's nephew is George Powers (1910-1973). George Powers married Rhoda Janes Jones bn. 6/5/1912. George Junior was their son. He lived 1/26/39-10/17/80. He was shot. Jessie Powers (3/20/36-12/11/87) was also George Powers and Rhoda Jane Jones Powers' son.
Dillard's uncle was Alvin Carpenter. Arnold Baker and Alvin were first cousins.
Alvin's parents were Izra Carpenter and Myrtle Carpenter.
Alvin's sister is martha Carpenter Cunett.
Myrtle Carpenter's father is listed as being Elisjh.
Children of DILLARD BAKER and MYRTLE HAMBLIN are:
i. GLADYS5 BAKER, m. ROSCOE HAMBLIN.
6. ii. BEATRICE BAKER.
iii. CHRISTINE BAKER, m. (1) THOMAS AGENT; m. (2) ? ARNETT.
7. iv. ALBERT BAKER, d. November 24, 1996.
8. v. ARVILEE BAKER, b. May 27, 1928; d. October 23, 1986.
9. vi. ARNOLD BAKER, b. August 11, 1925; d. February 17, 1979.
5. MARTHA4 BAKER (JEFFERSON CRAIG3, ANDREW2, JOHN A.1) was born April 10, 1883, and died November 09, 1965. She married (1) JOHN R. RICHARDSON. She married (2) RICK ROSE.
Child of MARTHA BAKER and JOHN RICHARDSON is:
i. WALTER5 RICHARDSON.
Notes for WALTER RICHARDSON:
Walter died as a baby.
Generation No. 4
6. BEATRICE5 BAKER (DILLARD4, JEFFERSON CRAIG3, ANDREW2, JOHN A.1) She married LELAND ANDERSON.
Children of BEATRICE BAKER and LELAND ANDERSON are:
i. IMOGENE6 ANDERSON, m. JESSE PERKINS.
ii. BOBBY ANDERSON, b. July 1939; d. July 1939.
iii. VERLIN ANDERSON, b. July 1940.
iv. ROSCOE JUNIOR ANDERSON, b. April 1949; d. April 1949.
v. LOLA MAE ANDERSON, m. HERMAN BUNCH.
7. ALBERT5 BAKER (DILLARD4, JEFFERSON CRAIG3, ANDREW2, JOHN A.1) died November 24, 1996. He married (1) LOLA CARPENTER, daughter of GARRETT CARPENTER. He married (2) DELORIS BENNETT.
Children of ALBERT BAKER and DELORIS BENNETT are:
i. JAMES "JIMMY"6 BAKER.
ii. JUDY BAKER.
iii. KRISTY BAKER.
Notes for KRISTY BAKER:
kristy and Karen are twins
iv. KAREN BAKER.
v. DEBORAH BAKER, m. ? KENNEDY.
Notes for DEBORAH BAKER:
Lived in Warren, Oklahoma.
vi. PEGGY BAKER.
Notes for PEGGY BAKER:
Lived in Tahlequah, Oklahoma in 1996.
8. ARVILEE5 BAKER (DILLARD4, JEFFERSON CRAIG3, ANDREW2, JOHN A.1) was born May 27, 1928, and died October 23, 1986.
More About ARVILEE BAKER:
Burial: Carpenter, KY, Rebecca Rose Cemetery
Child of ARVILEE BAKER is:
i. ROSALEE6 BAKER.
9. ARNOLD5 BAKER (DILLARD4, JEFFERSON CRAIG3, ANDREW2, JOHN A.1) was born August 11, 1925, and died February 17, 1979. He married DORIS IRENE GROSSE, daughter of PETER GROSSE and BERTHA GAUTREAU. She was born March 01, 1926.
Children of ARNOLD BAKER and DORIS GROSSE are:
i. JUANITA IRENE6 BAKER, b. July 09, 1946; m. SHELDON JAY LEVINE, June 27, 1970, Windsor, CT b. May 19, 1943, Connecticut.
More About SHELDON JAY LEVINE:
Education: Masters Degree
Occupation: Elementary School Teacher
ii. SANDRA LEE BAKER, b. June 29, 1947; m. (1) EUGENE GIACHELLO; m. (2) ROBERT TWYMAN.
iii. JOANNE DORIS BAKER, b. December 20, 1948; m. DONALD HEIL.
iv. FRANCES MARIE BAKER, b. March 22, 1951; m. DONALD FLYNN.
v. ROBERT BAKER, b. October 26, 1952; m. CONCHETTA "TINA" TILLONA.
vi. SUSAN ELEANOR BAKER, b. February 05, 1955.
vii. BARBARA LYNN BAKER, b. November 07, 1957; m. WILLIAM ELLIS LATOURNES.
Just a note, Jefferson Craig Baker went by the names Jeff and Craig at various times. His death certificate states that Andy Baker and China Hendrix are his parents. I've seen China's name as being China Ann Hendrix (or Hendrickson, or even Henderson). I have also seen her as being called "Ann".
I know that Andrew Baker had three sons, Elisha, Elijah, and Craig. When Craig (Jefferson Craig/Jeff/Craig) had kids, he also named a son Elisha and another Elijah.
Jefferson Craig Baker lived in Artemus, Kentucky, in Knox County.
Can anyone provide me with additional info? I can provide some too.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Kevin Michael Levine