Thought it about time to post on here again in search of my Murphy family. My line reads:
Benjamin Murphy (b abt 1793, d 1822). He died a young man as he drowned in the Rolling Fork River. He was born in Hardin County, KY. He served in War of 1812 and married Mary "Polly" Cundiff (b. abt 1794, d 28 Mar 1887) in 1815. They had two known children. It appears that Polly never remarried even though she was young herself.
Ben and Mary Polly had 2 children: Jane and Lloyd Murphy.
Jane's children include:
(1) Molly Alice Murphy (b 29 Jul 1876 d 01 Jul 1947) was born in Gleanings, Larue County and died in Oldham County, KY.
(2) Andrew D. Murphy.
There is no record of a husband even though she has two children. I notice they have the Murphy name.
Lloyd Murphy is my direct line. His children include:
(1) Laura A. Murphy who married John W. Howell.
(2) Franklin Pierce Murphy (b abt 1852 Nelson County, d abt 1914) is my ggrandfather. He married Mary Elizabeth Clark, daughter of Martin Clark and Purlina McDaniel. Mary Elizabeth was born in 1848 and died in 1906. She is buried at Rolling Fork Baptist Cemetary, Larue County. Frank remarried a Belle Skaggs in 1907 after M. E. passes away. He is gone around 1914 even though I cannot find a grave.
(3) Susan C. Murphy (b 27 Nov 1853 Marion County)
(4) Lualea J. (b abt 1857)
(5) Sarah R. (b abt 1859 in New Madrid, MO when the family lived there a short while).
Franklin Pierce Murphy and Mary Elizabeth Clark's children include:
(1) Maggie E. "Nora" who married Atwood Underwood.
(2) William Pierce who married Nannie Underwood and Stella Sweeney.
(3) Charley who married Laura Underwood Jones.
(4) George Washington who married Ova Hampton, Ima Hampton and Sinda Underwood.
(5) Louis Murphy who married Effie May Morris. This is my grandfather.
This is simply another attempt at someone connecting with any of the names on my tree to hopefully give me more information. I'm particularly interested in Benjamin of course, because I'd like to take my tree another generation back. A cousin recently found a will that has a James Murphy in Nelson County and he mentions a Benjamin as a son. James fits as being possibly as Ben's father but just not enough data yet to feel reasonably certain. Anyone have any info that might help me out?
Anyone in the Hardin, Larue, Nelson, Marion, or Taylor County areas a direct descendent of the original Murphy's of the area? There must be some in the area as that I heard recently that there is an annual Murphy reunion held somewhere down that way ( I live in Shelby County). I can't give enough "thank yous" for any help or info.