Search for content in message boards

1880 Census of Upton, Laure Co., KY - Barely Legible Entries

Replies: 1

1880 Census of Upton, Laure Co., KY - Barely Legible Entries

Tom Wilbur (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 1998 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BRASHEAR, BROOKS, DIXON, KEITH, HORNBACK, HUDGENS, OBRIEN, KING, LESTER, MEARS, PAINTER, REYNOLDS, TUCKER, WATKINS

Parts of the 1880 Upton census film are VERY difficult to read. Thus Ed Benningfield's census book got some family surnames wrong and didn't list others. In 1997 I spent many hours in the 1880 soundex to figure out those he missed or got wrong. Those included the families of Felix BRASHEAR, Charles BROOKS, William DIXON, William KEITH, James HORNBACK, Thomas HORNBACK, Thomas HUDGENS, James KING, John LESTER, William MEARS, James O'BRIEN, George PAINTER, Richard PHILLIPS, F. A. RENFRO, James REYNOLDS, John REYNOLDS, Roy REYNOLDS, Robert TUCKER, Albert WATKINS, Daniel WHEELER, and many others. If you are "missing" family and you think they should be in the 1880 Upton census, look for them in the soundex or send me a self-addressed and stamped envelope at 1784 Mirabeau Dr., Okemos, MI 48864. I will (attempt to) answer SPECIFIC queries via e-mail.
>
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Tom Wilbur 20 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Troy O'Brien 12 Oct 2013 11:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions