Search for content in message boards

HENSON, WILLIAM H. and his brother JESSE HENSON

Replies: 3

HENSON, WILLIAM H. and his brother JESSE HENSON

Posted: 9 Aug 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Mar 2006 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: Henson, Hinson, Hanson, Forbish, Drennen
HENSON, WILLIAM H. and his brother JESSE HENSON are said to be Revolutionary War veterans born in Culpeper County VIRGINIA in the mid 1700's. William H. and his brother Jesse apparently moved on to NORTH CAROLINA and fought for NC in the Revolutionary War. My gggrandfather GEORGE W. HENSON was born about 1790-1799 in NORTH CAROLINA according to the 1850 Laurel County KENTUCKY census that listed him with his wife and children. GEORGE W. HENSON married Anna Forbish on July 20, 1825 in Martin County INDIANA and shortly therafter moved to "Laurel County" Kentucky.
George's sons were named William H. Henson, George Brown Henson, Elisha Henson, Cornelius Henson, and he named my greatgrandfather Stephen A. Henson ... all born before 1850.
WILLIAM H. HENSON and his brother JESSE HENSON were found living in the area of Martin County Indiana where George W. Henson married Anna Forbish.
I suspect that William H. Henson or his brother Jesse are the parents of George W. Henson and I am looking for someone that knows the names of these two Revolutionary War veterans/pensioners. My grandfather, Benjamin Franklin Hinson, and my father told me we are of "Swedish" descent and if we are, our name was probably spelled HANSON at one time. I suspect that we are of English descent???
Any "cousins" or friends out there that know the names of the children of William H. Henson and/or Jesse Henson of Culpeper Virginia, of North Carolina, and of Martin County Indiana. Does any of this "ring-a-bell" with the Henson/Hinson/Hanson researchers? Does anyone know my gggreatgrandfather GEORGE W. HENSON and/or his parents and siblings.
Thanks for any help that you can give me.
R.E. Hinson, Jr. P.O. Box 33253 Los Gatos, CA 95031 or email me at roaten@prodigy.net

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BoatinRoaten 9 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT 
DorothyHaw549... 30 Mar 2009 3:51PM GMT 
HensonLittle6... 22 Oct 2009 9:38PM GMT 
DorothyHaw549... 26 Oct 2009 4:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions