Search for content in message boards

IVEY

Replies: 2

IVEY

Mary E. Kramer (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 1999 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: IVEY, IVY, STEWARD, CUNDIFF
LAUREL CO., KY - I'm looking for information on the IVY or IVEY family. My great, great grandfather, Thomas J. IVY or IVEY was born in Clay County, KY Jan 11, 1811, before Laurel Co. divided off. He may have lived in the LAUREL Co. part. I found a Nancy IVY, age 40-50, listed on the "CLAY Co. KY Federal Census of 1830 Index". Living with her were 1 child under 5; 1 child, age 5-10; 1 child, age 15-20, who could be Thomas J. IVY, who would have been 19. I was told, but do not have documentation, that a Thomas J. IVY is listed on the "CLAY Co. TAX LIST, 1833". I was also told, but do not have documentation, that on 04/02/1833 an Elsy IVEY married Caleb STEWARD. I found listed in an "Index of RUSSELL Co. KY Marriages, 1826-1865" that on July 31, 1834, a Nancey IVY married Squire CUNDIFF in RUSSELL Co.
I would like to find out if Nancy IVY's oldest child was my great, great grandfather, who her husband was, when he died, where buried, when they married, when they came to KY, was he killed in a war (1812?) A Watson IVEY was listed in the "CLAY Co TAX LIST for 1808", was that Thomas' father? Was Elsy IVEY Thomas' sister? Names of other 2 siblings and dates of birth? Is the Nancey IVY who married Squire CUNDIFF the mother or sister of Thomas? What can I do to find out? If anyone from the IVEY, IVY, CUNDIFF or STEWARD families have any info or documentation, I would be glad to hear from them and pay for any copies of records that they can send me. Email me first.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mary E. Kramer 14 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT 
DianeBeasley6... 14 Dec 2012 8:10PM GMT 
MKram29 24 May 2014 5:25AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions