Search for content in message boards

Sarah Jane Hopper, AKA Sallie Hopper (1849-after 1910)

Replies: 2

Re: Sarah Jane Hopper, AKA Sallie Hopper (1849-after 1910)

Posted: 17 Apr 2014 5:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Sir,
Apparently you did not correctly read my previous posting. I am not searching for my 2nd great-grandmother under her maiden name, although that would seem to be the case. Sarah Jane Hopper Cox Hopper's maiden name was indeed Hopper. In about 1872 she married my 2nd great-grandfather, James William Cox. They later divorced after having five children and Sarah married a second time. Her 2nd husband was her 1st cousin, Josephus Hopper, who was a son of her father's brother. I have them both listed on the 1910 census in Laurel county, but cannot find any further census listings nor death records for either Sarah or Josephus Hopper. I therefore have no idea when or where my 2nd great-grandmother died. She might even possibly have left Kentucky, although she was born there & lived in the state her entire life. The website you posted does not seem to be of any help, as it requires that you already have the death date to obtain a death certificate. If I knew Sarah's date of death I would not still be searching for this info. I will continue searching. Thanks for the info about the vital statistics website.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
oiseau318 3 Mar 2014 2:04AM GMT 
thomasker2 16 Apr 2014 3:09PM GMT 
oiseau318 17 Apr 2014 11:08AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions