Search for content in message boards

Prosperity

Replies: 12

Re: Moore & Wheeler Families

Posted: 1 Nov 2013 7:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Nov 2013 7:11AM GMT
Hi,
My grandfather was John R. Moore and he married Iva G. Nichols not Nickells. Lucina originally spelled Loucina Wheeler and Garfield Moore had 6 children. Milt Moore (I have no idea what happened to him, Grace Moore born June 1891, Lenna not Lennie.... I stayed in contact with his daughter Billie V until she died. Lenna B. Moore, born March 1895, my grandfather John R. Moore, born April 1897, and Armeca (Mecie) Elizabeth Moore Green born December 1898. In some census they called Armeca (Aunt Mecie) Armecie. Aunt Mecie lived on the Moore farm with Uncle Cody and then after he died until she died. I visited when I was 8 years old and they still had an outhouse and no indoor plumbing for the bathroom in the house. I talked to her all the time on the phone after I got married and moved to Virginia. She was soooo happy to have her bathroom with plumbing. So was I... hehehe Grace married Ed Short and they had 3 children -- Jack, Edna and William. Lenna B. Moore married Josephine Sorter and they had Billie V. Moore who married Fred Sievers; they had a daughter Arlene Sievers. John Ramey Moore. married Iva G. Nichols first. They had 4 children: Betty Lou Moore, Willy Moore, E. Douglas Moore (my father) and Ellen Moore. My father - E. Douglas Moore married Lois Alice Powell. They had 4 children: Sandra Diane Moore, Cheryl Ardell Moore, Donald James Moore and me Celese Lynn Moore. Later after Grandpa Moore and Grandma Iva divorce he met Hazel Montrue (don't know her maiden name or her previous married name). They lived in Quinby, Virginia until grandpa died. Grandma Montrue moved to a smaller place in Virginia then she moved back to her home state of Delaware to live with her daughter. If you want more information, I will give as much as I can... you can email dodge41@gmail.com that is for genealogy.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Hugh Davis 3 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Barb Rogers 6 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
nevadachief 7 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Barbara Rogers 8 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Celese_Moore_... 1 Nov 2013 1:06PM GMT 
Celese_Moore_... 28 Jan 2014 3:42AM GMT 
Hugh Davis 10 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Celese_Moore_... 1 Nov 2013 12:40PM GMT 
Kim (Kelly) Savage 19 Sep 2002 2:35PM GMT 
Hugh Davis 19 Sep 2002 4:44PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions