Search for content in message boards

James Harrison Hilton, Sr. family and Lutes and Howard families

Replies: 1

James Harrison Hilton, Sr. family and Lutes and Howard families

Posted: 28 Jan 2014 1:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,
I am researching the James Harrison Hilton, Sr., family that lived in Estill Co in 1840. James Harrison Sr. married Matilda Lutes in 1839 in Estill. They continued to live there, and in 1850 lived in Owsley Co (part of Estill that became Owsley - where they lived went into Lee County when it formed). In 1860 they were still in Owsley, and 1870 in Rockcastle Co. Family story is that James Sr. parents are buried on the farm where he and Matilda lived.

The Lute family is popular in Estill Co when James Hilton Sr is there. There are many Lutes that married Barker, Thomas', Man's, Warner's, and McGuire's. Many of these couples that married continued to reside close to James Sr. - thus I am wondering who of these Lute's were related to my Matilda!

Also, a William Howard married Catherine Hilton in Estill in 1846. I am wondering about Catherine being a sibling to my James. I think I have found Catherine with her husband living in Morgan County in 1860, and then Magoffin County after that.

And, to make things more interest – sometimes Hilton is spelled Helton!

So, many questions about relationships and such!

Does anyone have any ideas as to the relationships I have mentioned above? Is anyone researching any of these families and maybe have some insights to aid me in the research?

Thank you, Maggie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mandp523 28 Jan 2014 8:23PM GMT 
thomasker2 9 Apr 2014 2:38PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions