Search for content in message boards

JACOB & WOOLERY EVERSOLE

Replies: 6

JACOB & WOOLERY EVERSOLE

Posted: 29 Sep 2005 9:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Apr 2006 9:12AM GMT
Has anyone taken a color digital photo of the Gravestones of Jacob Eversole and wife Mary Kessler Eversole and a photo of Gravestones of son WOOLERY Eversole and wife Lucy Cornett, that they would share with me? I have video film I made but do not have closeup of Gravestones.

JACOB EVERSOLE born 1760 in Pennsylvania, married MARY KESSLER born in NC. They lived in Virgina land where the children were born, and moved into NC.
When JACOB was about 28 or 29 years it was in 1789 when he & Mary followed the trail of Daniel Boone up into the Blue Grass region around Fayette County and Madison County. They found this area too crowded with farmers who had taken
most of the land claims. Jacob found his way back eastward to a large land tract he claimed which is now part of Perry County and town of KRYPTON. It later in 1890's became the railroad line through eastern KY. JACOB built a one room log cabin. In 1800 Jacob had become a large land owner with many slaves. He had the slaves build a new two story house, planted crops and built a large 8 acre farm pond for watering animals. His home is nestled among the flat of large mountains where later he buried each of the slaves in a circle around the farm pond they loved so much.

JACOB had become a Baptist Preacher, helped organize with his sons, the local Grapevine Baptist Church where he preached. The Farm Pond was full of Ducks and wild ducks were a favorite hunting for Jacob. Then when Jacob died he was buried on the hill overlooking his 18 acre farm pond, looking down on his buried slaves down below and around the pond.

Contact me at RLTJPS@AOL.COM

I do share my databases of family trees.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
TRAILSEEKER 29 Sep 2005 3:22PM GMT 
Michael 29 Dec 2005 1:03AM GMT 
TRAILSEEKER 29 Dec 2005 3:26AM GMT 
Michael 29 Dec 2005 6:14AM GMT 
WandaLLangdon 29 Oct 2006 10:32PM GMT 
cynthia mcclo... 10 Nov 2013 3:44AM GMT 
WandaLLangdon 13 Nov 2013 2:41AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions