Search for content in message boards

Family Photo's

Replies: 1

Family Photo's

Posted: 23 Sep 2007 4:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ADAMS, GIBSON/GIPSON, CHURCH, THOMAS, ISAAC/ISAACS, JOHNSON,, BATES, HALL.

I am looking for photos of the Children of David Maggard Adams b 1862 d 1940 s/o Spencer
Adams and Cecila Church. He was a descendant of both John Hobbs Adams and William Green Adams.

David had three children by his 1st wife Sarah/Susanna Wells d/o Joseph C and Elizabeth Wells. They were m 17 Jan 1870 in Wise CO. VA.

14 children by his 2nd wife Matilda Belle Gibson d/o Ozias Denton Gibson and Nancy Thomas. They were m 24 Nov 1890 in Wise CO VA. Matilda said she had 5 children and 5 were living on the 1900 census. One, John, was born a year before her marriage to David.
Matilda was married to a William Thomas before she married David and John could be a child from that marriage. In any case he was raised an Adams and remained an Adams all his life.

David and Matilda were back in Letcher Co.KY in 1900. They lived the rest of their lives in KY. Matilda died in 1926 and David married a 3rd time to Hannah Gayheart/Gearheart Moore widow of Richard Moore

David & Matilda were my grand parents through their son James Floyd Adams. b 1895
I have Photo's of Uncles John, Dewey, a not so good one of Uncle Sammy and of course my father.

I will be happy to furnish or exchange what I have with those interested. Any photos of related families are also wanted.

Thanks
Eloise
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
esakmar 23 Sep 2007 10:08PM GMT 
cftj34 23 Nov 2009 2:19AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions