Search for content in message boards

Bird/Byrd and Ross family Circa 1922

Replies: 2

Bird/Byrd and Ross family Circa 1922

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 2:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Dec 2012 1:23PM GMT
Surnames: Bird, Byrd, Ross
Looking for anyone with possible clues on my maternal grandparents, Henry Bird/Byrd (bn 18 Sep 1884 in Wayne Co., N.C.) and Elizabeth `Lizzie' Ross (bn ~1903 in Brodhead, Rockcastle Co., Ky.) during their time spent in Letcher County. I'm hoping to find a new clue that could lead me to kin that would have been there in the early twenties.

I have located a death record for an infant male child of theirs, Albert Bird, who was born on 16 Aug 1922 in Jackhorn, and died 30 minutes later. I'm hoping to discover new information that might lead me to other family members that were in Jackhorn...which is a daunting task, to say the least. :)

Since the death record does show that Albert was born prematurely, it's possible that they were just passing through town when this heart breaking tragedy occurred.

I have gathered limited information on them in Campbell and Anderson Counties (Tennessee), but would like information on how they would have been connected to Jackhorn and/or Letcher County, Kentucky.

Thank you for your time.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sprk1122 9 Dec 2012 9:35PM GMT 
thomasker2 15 Dec 2012 7:25PM GMT 
sprk1122 15 Dec 2012 7:55PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions