Search for content in message boards

Rev./Captain John Bailey

Replies: 8

John Bailey

Ginny Bailey (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 1999 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bailey, Townsend, Allen
Dear Barbara, You don't know happy I was to hear from you. I too, am a direct descendent of John Bailey and Elijah. I would love to have any info you have about John's marriages, dates, and circumstances of both marriages. Did Martha die? And did he marry Priscilla after her death? Tell me more about John's mother possibly being a Harrison. My given name is Virginia Harrison Bailey, but go by Ginny. I have heard that there were several John Bailey's at that time in that area. My family has always thought that our Captain/Rev. John Bailey was the one that fought in the Revolutionary War with George Rogers Clark. Do you have any info about this? Here is my line:
John, Elijah, Harrison, Hartwell, Joseph Harrison Sr. Joseph Harrison Jr. (my father) and Virginia Harrison (ME).
As you must realize, I am most interested in my Bailey line. I too, have alot of info and would love to share what I have with you. Please write back soon, I'm dying to hear from you! email me at: bailey@sky1.net Where do you live? I live in Shelbyville, Kentucky where many of my anscestors lived and are buried. My father has 100 acres next to a cousin's farm where the old Bailey house still stands. It was built in 1861 by Thomas Chiles Bailey. Please write back soon!

Your Kentucky Cousin,
Ginny
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Ginny Bailey 14 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Barbara Bennington 17 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Ginny Bailey 19 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT 
judy finley 28 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Ginny Bailey 1 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT 
GeraldCBailey... 14 Aug 2014 1:52PM GMT 
LindaHarney99 8 Dec 2001 12:37AM GMT 
momspeople 16 Oct 2011 1:35PM GMT 
Maxinealcorn 21 Dec 2002 9:56PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions