Search for content in message boards

Viney Fork and Bethlehem Churches

Replies: 2

Re: Viney Fork and Bethlehem Churches

Posted: 20 Jan 2014 12:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Todd Moberly, I see this is a fairly old post so I don't know if you will receive this or not, but here goes. My name is Larry Lawson. I was born and raised in Lexington, and when I was about 32 I moved to St. Louis, Mo. area and have been here about 30 years now. The wife and job sent me here. I am retired now and do a lot of family history. This is the first time I've seen your post. When I was about 12 until I was about 16 I used to go to "Bearwaller" and stay with my cousins the Mckeans. there was Johnny, Gene, Debbie, Terry Dale, Aunt Gladas, and Uncle Carl. He was a mechanic at the dodge dealership in Berea up by the interstate. Gene worked at the gas station on the same road before you got to the dodge dealership, there was a burger joint across the street from the gas station, great burgers!!! Gene was closer to my age so I got to run around with him, he had his drivers license and I was only about 14 so that was exciting to me. He was a great guy. We used to work at the Central Ky. wildlife conservation area loading Clay Pigeons in those bunkers. We would ride horses, and at night we would camp out and play fox and hounds. One of the guys I remember was Lonny Portwood? I was also there when a guy named Tarpin Powell shot that guy from Ohio for messing with his girlfriend, actually the night before that happened we were playing fox and hounds and Gene had a run in with that guy from Ohio and a guy named Kenny Greene was coming down the road and he intervened and broke it up. The guy from Ohio had some kind of attitude problem, don't know why he thought he could whip everybody. Sometimes we would stop at the store at Speedwell and grab a donut and a Ya Hoo chocolate drink. When we worked putting up hay for $1.00 hr. there was a little country store in Bearwaller where we would go and get Vienna Sausages Moon Pie's and a R.C. Cola for lunch. Thank you for the memories. If that is the same church in Bearwaller, My cousins Luther Cruse and his family lived across the street from it. You could get in touch with Shirley Cruse, I don't know her e-mail address off hand, but she might have some info for you? Anyways I hope I brought some memories back to you too. What a beautiful Place that was back then.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Brandt Bensema 8 Dec 2002 11:33PM GMT 
Todd Moberly 1 Jan 2003 1:35AM GMT 
1_larryelawso... 20 Jan 2014 7:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions