Search for content in message boards

William RUGGLES and Family

Replies: 6

Re: William RUGGLES and Family

Posted: 15 Jan 2014 7:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Mar 2014 7:32PM GMT
Surnames: Ruggles Cody Plummer
I am from the Ruggles line where Margaret Plummer married George Enoch Ruggles. Margaret is said, from what I am reading online, to be the daughter of Thomas Plummer and Jane Ruggles. I note that the Mason County Kentucky Vital Records shows a Jane Ruggles marrying Thomas Plummer. I also note that a Jonathan Ruggles is the county clerk verifying she is 21 years or above.

http://kykinfolk.com/mason/bk1groom.html

Steve Ruggles from the Thomas P. Ruggles line shared a list of Ruggles going back to 1444, which I shared on my Genealogy Blog:

http://kathy-wigleyfamilygenealogy.blogspot.com/2011/12/7-ru...

There is a Jonathan Ruggles and a sibling Jane Ruggles listed, the children of John Ruggles and Mary Caldwell. Some sources I have found on line say that the Jane Ruggles who married Thomas Plummer had unknown parents.

John Ruggles 1740/41 - ? (b) Rochester, MA & Mary Caldwell
o John B. Ruggles, b. Bef. 1765, VA or England, d. September 12, 1822, Miami, OH or Turtle Creek, OH.
o Jane Ruggles, d. date unknown.
o Jonathan Ruggles, d. date unknown.
o William Ruggles, d. date unknown.
o James Ruggles, d. date unknown

I am trying to verify the native american... Nez Perce or Sioux connection in my Grandmother, Nellie Ruggles line. She cited her Father, George Barto Ruggles was a medicine man. I have found the brother, James Asbury Ruggles... aka Dr. Charlie Ruggles / Modoc Charlie, was also called an old indian doctor who used indian remedies. He built the Ruggles Sanitarium in Stafford, Kansas incorporated in 1896. From what I am gathering based on stories my Grandmother shared and her eldest daughter Edna shared, and the fact that Charlie Ruggles knew Buffalo Bill Cody, that my Grandmother, my Grandmother's Father and his brothers were involved in the Wild West Side Shows in that era.

I have posted a picture of the Ruggles Bros. Vaudeville Co. flyer my Mother saved from Grandma's childhood and info on her story.
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DickKraus 31 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Howard Bentley 12 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT 
DickKraus 13 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Barbi Norris 18 Dec 2003 3:31PM GMT 
Dick Kraus 18 Dec 2003 7:34PM GMT 
Barbi Norris 18 Dec 2003 9:32PM GMT 
kathywigley 16 Jan 2014 2:10AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions