Search for content in message boards

Mattie Simpson Walker

Replies: 1

Re: Mattie Simpson Walker

Posted: 10 Aug 2013 1:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Walker-Simpson-Caylor
Hi. I was surprised to come across your post the other day, as I have been looking into this from the other side. Mrs. G.C. Walker was my great grandmother. We knew nothing about this event until after my grandmother passed. As you may imagine, it was something she didn't want to talk about. After years of researching unsuccessfully, we found out that we weren't able to find documents because the McCreary County courthouse and records burned down twice. I do have some answers for you. Mrs. Walker was tried somewhere, I believe Lexingon, KY. I haven't tried to see if there are any court record there, since I am not positive it was Lexington. I do know that wherever she was tried, she was found guilty of a "Crime of passion" since the shooting was , apparently, spurred her finding out that Stella and G.C. we're having an affair. She did serve one year in jail,and then was released. To my knowledge, she went back home to McCreary County. It wasn't until a few years back, when a relative sent a picture of Stella's headstone, that we even knew Stella's name. I hope this has been helpful. As I said, we don't know much since nobody talked about it, and the records are gone.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
George Caylor 19 Jun 2013 10:55PM GMT 
stsnwoman27 10 Aug 2013 7:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions