Search for content in message boards

Pete McHolland

Replies: 0

Pete McHolland

Posted: 13 Sep 2013 4:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Blake, Ammon(s), McHolland, Graham
Trying to tear down the brick wall surrounding the origins of Pete McHolland (1893-1963). The earliest record I have found on Pete McHolland was a 1917 Draft Registration Card. His place of birth was listed as Battletown, Meade, Kentucky. His was living and working in Union Star, Breckinridge, Kentucky.

Pete McHolland enlisted in the US Army in 1918. He was, according to the 1920 census, a Private stationed in Cochise, Arizona. The next record for Pete McHolland was for his marriage to Anna May Blake in April of 1921 at Brandenburg, Kentucky. Anna May was the daughter of Joseph E. Blake and Ida Bell Graham. His mother's name was listed as Catherine.

Would anyone have any clues as to where Pete McHolland and his family lived prior to 1917? Pete McHolland's marital status was listed as single and did not claim to be have any dependents such as parents or siblings. 1920 Census records onward record his parents birth places as Kentucky.

I will note, however, that I have found records associated with McHolland in any of the known place associated with Pete McHolland are those for a William McHolland (b. 1877) in Union Star, Kentucky. He was the son-in-law of John H. and Susan Ammon(s). This surname seems more common in Indiana than in Kentucky.

Can anyone shed any light on the McHolland family in either Battletown or Union Star, Kentucky?

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions