Search for content in message boards

Ammons, McHollan, Millhollan(d), Meade, Kentucky

Replies: 0

Ammons, McHollan, Millhollan(d), Meade, Kentucky

Posted: 28 Feb 2014 6:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ammons, Greer, Fuller, Milholland, McHollan, McHolland, Bogard
I am currently researching possible family connections of Pete McHollan(d) born in about the year 1894 in Battletown, Kentucky. The earliest record of have for Pete is his 1917-1918 draft registration card which issued at Union Star, Kentucky. His marital status was listed as single. His 1921 marriage record to Anna Mae Blake listed only his mother, Catherine McHolland as a parent.

The only other McHolland I can find from this general area was a William McHolland (1877-1957). William McHolland was the son-in-law of John H. and Susan Ammons. William and Lena Esther Ammons were married around 1898.

Here is my dilemma, I cannot find William McHolland prior to 1900.

John H. and Susan Ammons had another child, Alpha O. Ammons (1884-1854) who married Emily J. Bogard Milholland in 1918. Emily was the widow of Samuel Fuller Milholland, the son of Alonzo/Elonzo/Lon Milholland and Catherine Fuller. He died in 1914.

Alonzo Milholland and Catherine Fuller had three children Proctor, Mamie and Samuel. Mamie born in 1897 was apparently the youngest. She married J. Emmett Greer in 1915. While I think Pete McHollan could have been the son of Alonzo and Catherine Milholland, I don't really have any credible evidence other than Willam McHolland and Pete McHolland had both been residence of Ammons, Kentucky.

Is anyone working on these lines.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions