Search for content in message boards

William Waters, Bad Bill Waters, Menifee Co

Replies: 36

Re: William Waters, Bad Bill Waters, Menifee Co

Posted: 17 Sep 2013 1:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Sep 2013 1:31AM GMT
Amber,

Thank you for your kind offer to copy the newspaper article for me. I'm sure I have a copy of the same article on John William Waters.... I have many much older copied from newspapers in KY and OH., on William Waters, some before he was sent to prison in OH., some written years later. I also have copied of some letter "Bad Bill" wrote when he was in Kentucky State Prison at Eddyville, waiting to be put to death. One letter was mailed from Eddyville after his electrocution.

Many untrue stories were told on John William Waters years after his death, some by members of his own family. Some members of his family were told a book was going to be written on "Bad Bill" and plans were to turn the book into a movie, and the family would get lots of money from the book and movie. So family member told lots of big untrue stories in hopes of getting money.

I can only say, "Bad Bill" never killed all the people he was accused of, and he was electrocution, for another person' crime.

And the Waters surname name goes back, long before "Bad Bill' parents were married, the surname was Waters not Walter as Bill' brother said.

This being said, I'm no longer interested in exchanging info on John William "Bad Bill" Waters.

Good Luck

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pammikey2 29 Sep 2010 3:13PM GMT 
Searching221 29 Sep 2010 4:32PM GMT 
pammikey2 30 Sep 2010 7:16PM GMT 
Searching221 30 Sep 2010 1:44AM GMT 
pammikey2 1 Oct 2010 10:07PM GMT 
Amber Adams 17 Sep 2013 4:47AM GMT 
Searching221 17 Sep 2013 7:23AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions