Search for content in message boards

Cal Knight 1879-1922 Mercer County Kentucky

Replies: 2

Cal Knight 1879-1922 Mercer County Kentucky

Posted: 17 Feb 2014 2:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am having a difficult time finding info on Cal Knight from Mercer County, Kentucky. He seems to just appear in 1896 when he marries Lizzie Christison in Mercer County. They have a child in 1897 (Clarence Knight-my great grandfather). They are listed in the 1900 Census, then the entire family disappears in 1910. In 1918, he registers for the WWI draft. In 1920, they reappear in Mercer County. Cal dies in 1922. His obituary only lists his widow and their son. He is buried in Spring Hill Cemetery in Harrodsburg. There are no parents listed on his death certificate. (There is another Calvin Knight who died in 1927 in Allen Kentucky-he is not the correct one).

I know that he was related to Will Knight (son of Hardin and Susan Knight), but I do not think he was a brother. The two families (Will and Cal) are neighbors in the 1900 and 1920 Census. They both worked for the Bonta Brothers Farm in Mercer County.

One note of interest, Cal's widow, Lizzie Clark Knight Hardin, lived with her Uncle John Clark before their marriage. Her obit says he was in charge of the county home. Is it at all possible that Cal Knight was an orphan from the county home and perhaps Knight was just a name he took on later? Sounds a little out there, but I am desperate!!

This is my brick wall! Any suggestions would be a huge help.

Thanks
Pam
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Pamelad1968 17 Feb 2014 9:06PM GMT 
thomasker2 23 Mar 2014 8:30PM GMT 
Pamelad1968 24 Mar 2014 8:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic