Search for content in message boards

Wileys in Nicholas Co., KY and Boone Co., IN

Replies: 5

Wileys in Nicholas Co., KY and Boone Co., IN

Posted: 31 Oct 2010 3:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wiley, Robinson
I have finally been able to take "my" Wileys back to John and Isabella (Robinson) Wiley in PA. I have (uncomfirmed) John b.d. 1742 (no location given) and Isabella (unconfirmed) b.d. 1746. I have followed my ancestry down thru their son, my 3rd g-grandfather, Robert who married Esther (Hetta) Hopkins. Their son, Samuel W. Wiley, is my 2nd g-grandfather. His son Joseph Robert Wiley is my gg-grandfather.

Years ago I had received a FGS from the Lebanon Public Library (Boone Co., IN) that listed the family of William Corydon Wiley, but didn't know where he "fit." Now I know that he was the brother of my Samuel W. Wiley. There was an address label on the back of the FGS, so made a connection with William's 3rd g-granddaughter, who is 91 years old and living in a retirement home. She sent me copies of a couple of pages of her gg-grandmother's journal which gave the maiden name of Isabella Wiley (wife of the first John Wiley). It is Robinson. It also said they were from Belfast, Ireland.

Some stories say that John and Isabella's son Hugh was born at sea in 1779 on the voyage to America. That would obviously mean that John and Isabella were not born in PA.

Anyone have any further information on this family?

Barb Walker
Aurora, CO
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Barb Walker 31 Oct 2010 9:09PM GMT 
StephensonP17... 26 Sep 2013 6:28PM GMT 
Barb Walker 26 Sep 2013 7:33PM GMT 
StephensonP17... 26 Sep 2013 7:46PM GMT 
Barb Walker 26 Sep 2013 8:53PM GMT 
Barb Walker 27 Sep 2013 1:40AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions