Search for content in message boards

Ezekiel B McNeely 1804 – 1842 m Mary Ashby 1802 – 1842

Replies: 1

Ezekiel B McNeely 1804 – 1842 m Mary Ashby 1802 – 1842

Posted: 30 Sep 2013 1:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Seeking help with this mystery family. Anything will be appreciated, no matter how small. A tragedy of some sort struck them hard in 1842 killing both parents. One infant survivor, Joseph R. McNeely, in 1846 was indentured to his uncle, John M. Barnett, in Spencer County, Indiana, “to learn the art and mystery of farming until 16 Jan 1855 when 21.” Joseph obviously rejected this plan and headed for Ohio County where in 1850 his swearing got him in hot water with the elders of Walton’s Creek Baptist Church. (See Record of Walton’s Creek Baptist Church, page 55.) Again, any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

1. Ezekiel B. McNeely was born in May 1804 in Kentucky. He died in May 1842 in Ohio County, Kentucky.

Notes for Ezekiel B. McNeely: General Notes:

!1840 Census of Kentucky, Ohio County, page 124, line 7, see Ezekiel McNealy (sic) male: b. between 1801 - 1810 plus 11 others. (No slaves.)

!SPECULATION: This Ezekiel B. McNeely might be the son of George McNeely 1757 - 1819 and Sarah Rutledge 1765 - 1818. The McNeely family bible transcription on pages 22 - 23 of Kentucky Family Records, Vol 1, appears to indicate that Ezekiel is the brother of Mrs. Sarah "Sally" (McNeely) Barnett 1789 - 1871. Sarah McNeely m. in 1807 to John McKinley Barnett 1788 - 1854, and she is a known daughter of George McNeely and Sarah Rutledge. Barry Ashby.

Mary "Polly" Ashby daughter of Jesse Ashby Sr. and Tamer (or Thamer) Ruby was born on 19 Feb 1802 in Kentucky. She died in 1842 in Ohio County, Kentucky.

Ezekiel B. McNeely and Mary "Polly" Ashby were married on 30 Sep 1819 in Ohio County, Kentucky. They had the following children:

i. Rebecca J. McNeely was born in 1821 in Ohio County, Kentucky. She died in 1842.

!SPECULATION: I have no proof that this Rebecca J. McNeely is the daughter of Ezekiel McNeely and Mary Ashby. Her placement with them is pure guesswork on my part. Barry Ashby.

ii. William A. McNeely was born about 1826 in Ohio County, Kentucky.

!SPECULATION: I have no proof that this William A. McNeely is the son of Ezekiel McNeely and Mary Ashby. His placement with them is pure guesswork on my part. Barry Ashby.

iii. Lepha S. McNeely was born about 1828 in Ohio County, Kentucky. She died in 1842.

!SPECULATION: I have no proof that this Lepha S. McNeely is the daughter of Ezekiel McNeely and Mary Ashby. Her placement with them is guesswork on my part. Barry Ashby.

iv. Cornelia J. McNeely was born about 1830 in Ohio County, Kentucky.

!SPECULATION: I have no proof that this Cornelia J. McNeely is the daughter of Ezekiel McNeely and Mary Ashby. Her placement with them is pure guesswork on my part. Barry Ashby.

v. Joseph R. McNeely was born about 1833 in Ohio County, Kentucky.

!SPECULATION: I have no proof that this Joseph R. McNeely is the son of Ezekiel McNeely and Mary Ashby. His placement with them is pure guesswork on my part. Barry Ashby.

vi. James N. McNeely was born about 1834 in Ohio County, Kentucky.

Notes for James N. McNeely:

!SPECULATION: I have no proof that this James N. McNeely is the son of Ezekiel McNeely and Mary Ashby. His placement with them is pure guesswork on my part. Barry Ashby.

vii. Thamer Ann McNeely was born about 1835 in Ohio County, Kentucky.

Notes for Thamer Ann McNeely:

!In 1840 Thamer Ann is identified as the daughter of Ezekiel McNeeley and Mary Ashby in the booklet: Record of Walton's Creek Baptist Church, Ohio County, Kentucky, 1814 - 1914, page 41.

viii. Jasper McNeely was born about 1836 in Ohio County, Kentucky. He died in 1842.

!SPECULATION: I have no proof that this Jasper McNeely is the son of Ezekiel McNeely and Mary Ashby. His placement with them is pure guesswork on my part. Barry Ashby.

ix. Sarah "Sally" McNeely was born about 1838 in Ohio County, Kentucky.

Notes for Sarah "Sally" McNeely:

!In 1840 Sally is identified as the daughter of Ezekiel McNeeley and Mary Ashby in the booklet: Record of Walton's Creek Baptist Church, Ohio County, Kentucky, 1814 - 1914, page 41.

x. Isaac Bennett McNeely was born about 1840 in Ohio County, Kentucky.

!SPECULATION: I have no proof that this Isaac Bennett McNeely is the son of Ezekiel McNeely and Mary Ashby. His placement with them is pure guesswork on my part. Barry Ashby.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Barry_Ashby44 30 Sep 2013 7:29PM GMT 
lucille ordiw... 23 Oct 2013 4:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions