Search for content in message boards

Brodnax's in Oldham County sometime after 1852

Replies: 0

Brodnax's in Oldham County sometime after 1852

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 7:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brodnax
I'm looking for birth records of my Great Grandfather Henry Denison Brodnax born 3/31/1853 to Dr. David Walker Brodnax and Martha Jane Maydill Atkinson Brodnax. I believe they were in Oldham County in 1853. An 1850 Census shows the Brodnax's in Greene County, Alabama and they had a daugther (Sallie) there in 1852. At some point, they moved to Kentucky because an 1880 census shows that Henry states his birthplace as Kentucky, and indeed he had a younger sister (Jessie) who was born in 1856 in Oldam County. I have been able to find her birth record. There is another sister between Henry and Jessie (Alice) that was born in 1854 in Kentucky but I can't find any record of her either. I don't find the Brodnaxes on any other Cenus until 1867 where they turn up in Austin, Texas so I have no idea how long they were in Kentucky, Oldham County specifically. If anyone has any information or record of Brodnaxes in Oldham County Kentucky, please post. It appears by the Alabama census' that Dr. David Brodnax had a fair number of slaves, so I would think there would be some reference of some kind to the father David Walker Brodnax, and I'm assuming that they were in Kentucy until they showed up in Texas in 1867. I have checked numerous Kentucky records and geneological websites but cannot find anything on them.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions