Search for content in message boards

SIMPKINS, HATFIELD, McCOY, CLINE

Replies: 2

SIMPKINS, HATFIELD, McCOY, CLINE

Posted: 14 Mar 1998 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 11:12AM GMT

My Dad was Cline SIMPKINS, born 1911 Logan Co. WVa,
There were several SIMPKINS in Pike Co. KY that tied to the SIMPKINS in Logan Co. WVa. Dad would always say he was kin to the HATFIELDS and McCOYS. I did see that there were several SIMPKINS to marry into the HATFIELD, McCOY, MAYNARD, STEEL, BLANKENSHIP, and CLINES. I always thought he got his first name from the CLINE family, since I have been doing my research on the tree.
Does anyone know of who Mary HATFIELD, daughter of Anderson HATFIELD, had married ? She had married a SIMPKINS, she and the children, Homer and Vicy SIMPKINS were on the 1900 Logan Co. WVa, there was no husband listed for her, she and her children used the SIMPKINS name. What happen to her and her children ?
Eli SIMPKINS and family were on the 1870 Pike Co. KY, he was on the 1850-1860 Logan Co. [W]Va, there was a Nancy SIMPKINS with chilren o the 1850-1880 Logan Co. WVa, some of her children md into the HATFIELDS, and other names above. Some of her children lived in Pike Co. KY. My Grandparent, Greenberry Caudill and Ida Belle OSBORNE SIMPKINS left BreathittCo. KY c1909 for Logan Co. WVa. He ties to Eli SIMPKINS. Ida OSBORNE was the granddaughter of John Stephen and Maranda WIREMAN OSBORN and Great-Grand-Daughter of John and Elizabeth FLANNERY OSBORNE, John was the son of Stephen and Comfort LANGHAM OSBORNE, some lived in Pike and Floyd Co. KY,

Patty Simpkins Cartwright
P. O. Box 1286
Northport, Al 35476
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
PSimpkinsCart... 14 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Shelia ( Deskins) Wells 21 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT 
gmcmaster338 12 Oct 2002 6:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic