Search for content in message boards

James Ellis, husb. of Lydia F. Honican, father of Ollie

Replies: 2

James Ellis, husb. of Lydia F. Honican, father of Ollie

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 12:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ellis Honican Paynter Walton
My great, great grandmother was Lydia Francis Honican (b. Nov 1855 in Fleming, KY; d. Nov 1938 in Nicholasville, Jessamine, KY), daughter of Christian F. Honican (b. 1824 in Fleming, KY) and Mary Paynter (b. 1835 in Harrison, KY). In Sep 1877 Lydia married James Walton of Fleming, KY. They both lived in Milford, Bracken, KY at the time, and the marriage was registered in Robertson, KY. On the marriage record, Lydia’s surname is Ellis. Lydia’s daughter Ollie, my great grandmother, was born in Oct 1875 in Lexington, KY-- two years before her mother married Walton. Ollie’s father as listed on her death certificate is James Ellis. I assume Lydia was previously married to Ellis before 1875, but I have not been able to locate any record of this. I found an online reference to Lydia being married to William Henry Harrison Ellis (b. abt 1845 in KY), but upon further research I found that he was married to another Lydia (Lydia Fowler), so I think someone might have mixed up the two Lydias. If anybody has information on the James Ellis who was my great grandmother’s biological father, I would love to hear from you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MANewman_1969 6 Feb 2013 7:04PM GMT 
BillWheaton70 6 Mar 2013 4:04PM GMT 
MANewman_1969 18 Mar 2013 2:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic