Search for content in message boards

William A Mink

Replies: 19

Mink- Cromer

Kay Shafer (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mink, Cromer, Bradley, Barron, Bullock, Prewitt, Chaney, Southard, Shafer, Joseph, Johnson, York
Rockcastle -- My name is Jennifer Kay Prewitt-Shafer. William Mink, that served in the Civil war, was my great-great-grandfather. His son, Wesley Mink, married Elizabeth Barron Mink. My grandmother, Jalia Elmer Mink (born 01-31-1900, died 01-04-1999), married Hugh Cromer(born 05-02-1901, died 07-1979). Hugh was the son of Henry "Hen" and Louiza (nickname or short form) Bradley Cromer. My mother is Rosa Mae Cromer Prewitt (born 04-26-33). She has four brother and four sisters: John Herman "Rank" Cromer, Martha Lorene "Renie" Cromer McClure, twins, Willie Earl Cromer(died in 1987)and Lillie Pearl Cromer Stanley, Freddie Lee Cromer, Henry Ova Cromer, Molly Marie Cromer Thomas(lives in Indiana), Wanda Jean Cromer (killed in auto accident at age of 23). My mother married my father, Joise Melvin Prewitt(08-31-1928), also of Rockcastle on April 24, 1951, the son of Charlie Logan Prewitt (Pruitt) and Mary Elandor Bullock Prewitt. Logan was the son of John Prewitt (Pruitt) and Sindy Southard Prewitt (or Pruitt). Mary was the daughter of Joe Bullock and Rachel Chaney Bullock. Dad's brothers and sisters are James William Prewitt (served in WWII, POW - held captive by the Germans), Gilmer Prewitt (deceased), Anna Charlene Prewitt Reynolds, Irene Prewitt Reynolds, Rissie Christine Prewitt Cummins, Bronith Prewitt Mink, Cordie Prewitt Harper(lives in West Chester, Ohio), Rosie Tillo Prewitt Cromer, and Lola Prewitt (deceased during teenage years). I have nine brothers and seven sisters living and a brother and sister deceased. We were raised in Rockcastle County. I was born the eighteenth child on December 16, 1975. I continue to live in Rockcastle, in the Gum Sulphur section, West of Brodhead. My mom & dad live in the Wabd community. I am married to Johnny Thomas Shafer(08-07-1975), the son of Thomas Edward and Joyce York Shafer of Gum Sulphur. Eddie is the son of Charlie Shafer and Molly Joseph Shafer (both deceased). Joyce is the daughter of Ernest Woodrow York (deceased) and Gladys May Johnson York (lives in Crab Orchard, Lincoln Co). Thomas and I have two children, Johnny Thomas, II(07-05-1995) and Jenise Kayla (11-08-1997). My brothers and sisters are Jimmy Melvin Prewitt (lives in Mount Vernon), married to Debra Kay Sowder, son, Kenneth Melvin Prewitt, daughter, Betty Rose Prewitt; Nancy Helen Prewitt Silver (lives in Mount Vernon) married Jimmie Dale Silver, son, Chadwich Dale Silver; Jerry Earl Prewitt (lives in Easley, South Carolina), married Cheryl Ann Alderman, daughter, Jennifer Brook Prewitt, children from previous marriages, Jerry Brandon Prewitt, Ashlee Nicole Prewitt, E. Dustin Prewitt, Marty Poynter; Anita Sue Prewitt (lives in Mount Vernon), had a daughter, Dreama Tyrease Plummer Roberts, out of wedlock, married & divorced William Plummer, daughter Lisa Dawn Plummer, married & divorced Charles Allen Hedrick, two daughters, Allison Paige Hedrick and Amanda Jill Hedrick; Nina Ellen deceased shortly after birth; Billy Joe Prewitt(lives in Brodhead) married & divorced four times, has a son, Brett Austin Prewitt; Jeffery Kim (now lives in Clinton, Ohio) married and divorced twice, married to Tammy Jean Hood, has no children; Justin Kent Prewitt (lives in Mount Vernon) married and divorced four times, now married to Tammy (from Minnesota) and has a daughter, Loren Elise Prewitt and has two sons from second marriage, Justin Kent Prewitt, Jr. and James Robert Prewitt; Sharon Ann Prewitt (lives in Louisiana) married and divorced Joe Accardi, has a daughter, Sheila Joann, had two daughters out of wedlock, fathered by Willaim Peterson, Kelly Michelle and Mary Katherine, married David Crowninshield and has daughter, Abigail Louise; Terry Douglas (lives in Brodhead) married to Carolyn Foster, children Joshua, Becky Lynn, and Anthony; Larry (lives in Ferguson in Pulaski Co) married to Deborah Jean Wilson, children Sarah Elizabeth and Zachary Lee; Gary (lives in Mount Vernon) married to Tereasa Ann Roberts, children Hannah Noelle Prewitt and Gary Prewitt, Jr.; Lloyd Randy Prewitt (lives in Brodhead) married to Joy Rae (from Casey Co) son Levi Randy Ray; David Ray deceased at 23 months, heart disease; Rose Sonya Prewitt Parker(lives in Spiro section of Rockcastle) married and divorced Roger Nathaniel Price, married Tommy Parker and has a daughter, Jalia Mikaytelin Rose Parker; Sheila Ramona Prewitt McGuire (lives at Brodhead) married to Stoney Brigg McGuire, son Jacob Seth McGuire; Sherri Leona Prewitt(lives in Mount Vernon) has three children out of wed lock, John Larkan Prewitt, Logan Wayne Prewitt, and Lanna Jo Prewitt; Joyce Amy Prewitt (lives in Wabd section) married to Marvin Lee McKinney. Thomas Shafer has two sisters: Samantha Jayne Shafer Dillingham, married and divorced Timothy Leon Dillingham and has two surving sons, Timothy Dalton Blake Dillingham, Caleb Channing Dillingham, a deceased son Connor Chase Dillingham, and a daughter, Molly Skyler Jayne Dillingham; Amanda May Sue is single. The Shafer's were raised in / around Brodhead. The York's were raised in Crab Orchard.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Ken Cromer 20 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Kay Shafer 19 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
maryfranciske... 4 Oct 2008 11:40PM GMT 
Kay Shafer 19 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Ken Cromer 20 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Kay Shafer 21 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
sharoncrownin... 16 Jul 2002 7:13PM GMT 
inawinona 23 Mar 2003 1:30AM GMT 
David Prewitt 7 May 2003 1:54PM GMT 
sueprewitt57 23 Jul 2002 3:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions