Search for content in message boards

Obit / Death notice: Emily (McClain) Royse

Replies: 2

Obit / Death notice: Emily (McClain) Royse

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 8:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McClain, Royse
I am seeking any information on the death of Mrs. Emily Royse; as it seems she died between 1900 and 1910, it's impossible to find proper death records (Rowan county apparently didn't start filing them again after the Civil War until 1911?). According to the 1900 US census, she was born in Jan 1855. Her husband was John W Royse, who later died in 1918 and was buried apparently at Slaty Point cemetery; her parents were, I believe, James and Emily McClain (both of whom I also can't find death records for, but I'll burn that bridge when I come to it). It's pretty likely her grave is unmarked, as I'm sure John's is as well, so at this point I'm kinda crossing my fingers / holding out hope on an obituary or death notice of some kind. Unfortunately, as I am personally located in New Mexico, traveling to Rowan county to seek out the newspaper archives at Morehead State University, or any of the myriad local churches for their burial records, is out of the question. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
baphijmm 18 Mar 2013 2:56AM GMT 
baphijmm 12 Jul 2014 11:35AM GMT 
bboyd19671 24 Sep 2014 11:44PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic