I am searching for any information on the following Mann's that settled in Russell County, Kentucky,area.
The first Mann Family member that we have is:
Thomas Mann born 1776 in Virginia. He was the father of the following sons.
1) Jessee B. Mann 1802 in Virginia.
Child #1, Jessee B. Mann married Leuvina "Vina" Mann Jackman, November 28,1840 in Russell County, Kentucky. Leuvina was born in 1810 in Kentucky.
Children we have for Jessee B. Mann are as follows:
These first 3 children were apparently from a previous marriage.
1) Thomas Mann born 1829 married Francis Jane McFall.
2) Mary Ann Mann born 1830.
3) Jesse Mann born 1831
Child #4 was also possibly from a previous marriage.
4) Chesley Mann born 1838.
The following children were from the marriage of Jessee B. Mann and Leuvina "Mann" Jackman.
5) Martha J. Mann born 1847.
6) Ardena Mann born 1848.
7) Sarah L. Mann born 1849.
8) Prudence Mann born 1850.
9) George A. Mann born in 1854.
10) Charles Anderson Mann born March 4,1856 in Russell County, Kentucky.
Child #10, Charles Anderson Mann born March 4, 1856 and died June 2,1913 in Russell County, Kentucky, married Frances "Caroline" Blakey, daughter of Milton Blakey and Jane Katherine Bradshaw, Frances Caroline was born January 4,1856 and died April 5, 1931 in Russell County, Kentucky. Charles and Frances were married September 18, 1880 in Russell County, Kentucky and had the following children.
1) Avery Mann
2) Cyrus "Cy" Thomas Mann born April 8, 1880 in Russell County, Kentucky. Cy Mann first married Joe Ann Coffey. Cy second married Julia Arthur. Cy Mann died May 3, 1969 in Adair County, Kentucky.
3) Larsina "Laurie" Mann, born Feb. 4,1882 in Russell County, Kentucky, Laurie never had any children of her own, but raised Eldridge Mann, a son of her brother Herbert, as if he were her own and eventually adopted him in abt. 1939 She married late in life to George Walters. She died at home in Russell County, Kentucky, October 25,1948. ( Does anyone know how I can obtain a copy of the adoption papers?)
4) Louretta Mann born December 1885.
5) Ada Bell Mann born May 1888.
6) Herbert Milton Mann born December 10, 1889 in Russell County, Kentucky. Herbert was also known as Hub mann, He was a blacksmith and a powder man, and liked to hunt. He died he died at his home in Russell County, Kentucky, August 19, 1933. On March 10,1914, in Jamestown, Russell County, Kentucky, Herbert married Bertha Nora Wooldridge, daughter of George Wooldridge and Sarah Elizabeth Kinnett. Bertha was born May 30,1889 in Russell County, Kentucky and died January 2,1972 in Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky.
7) Vina Mann born November 19,1891 in Russell County, Kentucky and died July 27, 1960 in Russell County, Kentucky. Vina married George "Denny" Gaskins, Denny was the son of John Gaskins and Eliza Wilson. Vina and Denny had three daughters, Jewell, Edna, and Barbara Jean, Barbara Jean died at birth.
8) Roberta Mann born October 1897 in Russell County, Kentucky. Roberta married John L. Sullivan and they had a daughter Gussie Sullivan that married Joe Lewis Williams. Laurie Mann also helped raise Gussie after Roberta was drown crossing Greasy Creek on horseback after a flash flood. Roberta died about 1914 when Gussie was 4 years old.
Child #6 Herbert Milton Mann and his wife Bertha Nora Wooldridge had the folling children:
1) Jewell Mann born March 10,1912 and died July 10,1912, in Russell County, Kentucky.
2) Flora Lee Mann born June 23,1914 in Russell County, Kentucky, and died October 1, 1986 in Adair County, Kentucky. Flora married Lestie Phelps.
3) Francis E. Mann born March 17, 1916, in Russell County, Kentucky, and died April 16, 1920.
4) Charlie George Mann born March 11,1918 in Russell County, Kentucky, and died in New Castle, Kentucky May 24,2000. Charlie married Matria Stephens.
5) Orpha A. Mann born September 18,1920 and died November 18, 1920.
6) Thomas Ray Mann born October 10,1921 in Russell County, Kentucky, and died December 2, 1957 in Adair County, Kentucky, Thomas married Bessie Moore.
7) Ada Roe Mann born Febuary 20, 1924, in Russell County, Kentucky, and died December 2,1957. Ada was nearly deaf, but learned to communicate very well with other people through sign language, she learnt at a school for the deaf. She married a DeClue.
8) Eldridge Raymond Mann- PRIVATE
9) Norma Maxine mann born October 31,1927 in Russell County, Kentucky and died December 17,1990 in New Castle, Henry County, Indiana, Maxine as she was called married Lovell Wooldridge.
10) Herbert Donald Mann born September 29,1930, in Russell County, Kentucky and died Feb. 19,1997 in Olympia, Washington. Donald as he was called married Lela ?
11) Lillian D. Mann- PRIVATE
This is all the information that I have on this family. If you know or knew of any of these people PLEASE contact me. I have pictures of many of these people and would love to obtain more and are willing to share what I have. I have come to a stand still after several years of work and are looking for any leads, no matter how small. We have been unable to obtain several death records on many family members that died in Russell County, Kentucky after 1911. We have tried to locate old newspapers with deaths in them, but cannot locate any earlier than 1939. We do not know why these death records were not filed as federal law states that after 1911 it was required. Please contact me with any information at Thumbs0527@aol.com