Search for content in message boards

Simpson Co., Ky. Record Book

Replies: 6

Re: Simpson Co., Ky. Record Book

Posted: 11 Jul 2014 7:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Unless you have done the research in the original records and have copies of these records for each and every generation, I would not trust anything in DAR records. DAR was very lax in requiring documentation in the early days and very many of these lines have been proven unreliable and false so they no longer accept any applications based on the Revolutionary War records of hundreds, if not thousands of soldiers and patriots. I found one yesterday for one soldier that had 35 DAR members yet the line was closed by DAR for discrepancies in their alleged lineage so no one else can ever join using that soldier as their ancestor. DAR had erected tombstones for him in Hancock Co., GA with a date of death in 1812 when he actually died in 1774, before the war even started. This has always been a problem, proving your ancestor of a given name was the same person as the soldier they have Revolutionary War Service records for, which there are multiple person by the same name. I had that problem in 1972 when I had to prove that my Simpson County ancestor was exactly one of the three soldiers by that name in the SAR records.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ahankosk1427 9 Oct 2007 3:27AM GMT 
FENDRYCH 21 Aug 2013 2:37AM GMT 
FENDRYCH 21 Aug 2013 2:41AM GMT 
Donna Lynn Ha... 29 Jun 2014 10:19PM GMT 
FENDRYCH 30 Jun 2014 1:53AM GMT 
FENDRYCH 30 Jun 2014 1:56AM GMT 
boxmommy 11 Jul 2014 1:57PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic