Search for content in message boards

GOODIN Family in Spencer County, KY around 1864-1866

Replies: 2

GOODIN Family in Spencer County, KY around 1864-1866

Posted: 13 Dec 2013 4:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GOODIN GOODEN GOODWIN REDMAN REDMON ZARTH
I am searching for any information regarding the GOODIN/GOODEN/GOODWIN family who lived in Spencer County during these years. One of my ancestors, Emily Jane REDMAN, gave birth to a son out of wedlock when she was 14-15 years old during these years and she gave him her surname and never married his father. He lived with her and her father Hamilton REDMAN and was given the name Charles Henry REDMAN. I was told by my grandfather Floyd C. REDMON that the only thing anyone knew about Charles Henry's father is that his last name was GOODIN. I am very interested in finding out who this man was and continuing my patrilineal search of my ancestors. Considering that these years came near the end of the Civil War, he could have been anyone. With so many soldiers moving through the area, Charles Henry's father could be anyone.

Emily Jane REDMAN later married Matthias ZARTH, a German immigrant, and she is buried in Jefferson County, KY in the Jeffersontown Cemetery. They were married on July 25, 1873 in Spencer County, KY. Anyone from that family who might be able to help, please contact me.

This has remained a great family mystery for many years but I am determined to find out who this man was so I can trace his ancestors. I have ordered an AncestryDNA test and that should help with finding relatives who share my DNA.

Any help that can be provided will be greatly appreciated. If you have any information about this man or the GOODIN/GOODEN/GOODWIN family living in this area around this time I would appreciate any information you can provide.

Hugh
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Hubert Redmon 13 Dec 2013 11:22PM GMT 
sharonmills68 14 Dec 2013 12:06AM GMT 
INEAL7801 14 Dec 2013 3:10PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic