Search for content in message boards

Ezell Family

Replies: 2

Ezell Family

Posted: 2 May 2001 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 11:37AM GMT
Surnames: Ezell, Bass, Duke, Sorrells, Harris, Kerley
I am searching for my gg-grandfather who I believe is Reuben A. Ezell born in Kentucky about 1830. I found my great grandfather, Samuel Wesley Ezell(age 1), in the 1860 census in Randolph County, Arkansas with his mother, Malinda R and sisters Margaret(6)and Delphia (4). Mother and sisters were born in Kentucky while Samuel was born in Ark. so the family probably migrated around 1856-58.

Reuben A., Gillum, and William Ezell all patented land on the same day in 1860 so I feel they may have all come to Ark. together. In addition, William and Ellinor B. are listed as the household next to Malinda on the 1860 census and they have children named Malinda and Reuben so I feel that is a strong connection for some type of relationship between the two families. I have not found Gillum on the 1860 census.

William, Ellinor and daughter Malinda are on the 1850 census in Trigg County. Nearby is Gillum (22) and Mary (19). Also nearby is a Malinda R Mathis (17) living with John and Margaret Mathis so this could be my Malinda. No sign of Reuben at all.

Lots of speculation, but not much in the way of facts. Does anyone have any information that might be helpful?

Brenda Ezell Kato
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bkato2 2 May 2001 12:00PM GMT 
raylyne35 3 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT 
webster9171 14 May 2014 8:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic