Search for content in message boards

James Lewis - Woodford County Ky.

Replies: 8

Re: James Lewis - Woodford County Ky.

Posted: 17 Feb 2014 8:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lewis, Yowell, Shackelford
I've tried to find the lewistreeclan page but I'm unable to find it on Tribalpages. Have you taken it down lately? I would like to see if it ties in to my Lewis family. The names and places seem to fit into my time line. By the way I'm from Ky and Franklin and Shelby are two different counties in Ky. At one time, before 1792 they were all one area. The county seat of Shelby Co is Shelbyville and the seat of Franklin Co is Frankfort, our state capital. I have a feeling my gr, gr grandfather Greenberry was a younger brother to Willis and Fielding. At that time Woodford Co, Ky ran all the way to the Ohio River and covered Franklin and Shelby Co. You might be able to find some info in the Woodford Co records. I know the names Fielding and Willis Lewis are found in some of the early record books there. I've always wondered how they all were related. I've also seen in records where Lawrenceburg is located in Shelby Co, it is now the county seat of Anderson which all these counties touch.
Do you know any of the wives of these Lewis's? William or James's wife there may be something in the marriage files since Woodford was one of the first counties. Thanks
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
astro66mom 10 May 2001 12:00PM GMT 
vclaxton 13 Jan 2003 4:22AM GMT 
astro66mom 9 Jul 2008 1:21PM GMT 
astro66mom 9 Jul 2008 1:22PM GMT 
jwgrant5 9 Jul 2008 3:41AM GMT 
astro66mom 9 Jul 2008 1:12PM GMT 
jwgrant5 9 Jul 2008 5:30PM GMT 
leonardsart 14 Apr 2012 1:43PM GMT 
jwgrant5 18 Feb 2014 3:02AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic