Search for content in message boards

TIP #1048 NAMES MENTIONED IN THE CERTIFICATE BOOK OF THE VIRGINIA LAND COMMISSION, 1779-1780. PART 23

This board is read-only and closed to new posts.
Replies: 0

TIP #1048 NAMES MENTIONED IN THE CERTIFICATE BOOK OF THE VIRGINIA LAND COMMISSION, 1779-1780. PART 23

Posted: 20 Sep 2012 6:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Peters, Dowlan, Boyd, Stall, Belleau, Bellaw, Blackford, Davis, Boils, Fenn, Shone, Ryan, Roberson

Same date and location as last post.

Jno Peters, 1400, settled 12 months before 1778; on a sinking spring on the N side of the S Fork of Elkhorn, 2 miles N of the forks of the S Fork.

Patrick Dowlan by Wm. Stewart, 1400, corn in 1775 & 1776; on a s sinking spring; adjoins land of Henry Prether; S side of the waters of Shawnee Run, includes improvements.

James Boyd, 400, settled May 1779; 2 miles E from the mouth of Givens Run.

Wm Belleau/Bellaw, by Wm Stewart, 1400, corn in 17875; on Greers, head thereof, waters of Ky River.

Martin Stall by William Stewart, 1400; corn in 175; on the Town Fork of Salt River on both sides. Includes a large spring of Silas Harlen.

Joseph Blackford, 1400; corn in 1775 & 1776; on the N Fork of the S Fork of Clear Creek, about 2 miles from a large pond; includes improvements.

James Davis, 1400, settled 1778; on the S side of the Beech Fork of Salt River; joins Go’er Soverns land.

Edward Davis, 1000, settled 1777; on the N side of Dicks River; joins the waters of Sugar Creek, includes his improvements.

Jno Boils, 1400, corn in 17876; on the N of Dicks River; joins lands of Asel Davis to the SW.

It being proved to the Court that on the 3rd of Nov 1779 Jas Fenn was entitled to 1400, resided 12months before the year 1779; he relocates the same on Wilson Creek, a branch of Salt River, joins the lands of James Sam’l.

Patrick Shone, 1400, by Ed’d Wathington; corn in 1776; about 1 mile partly an E course from Givens Statin, on waters of Hanging Fork of Dicks River at a rock spring; includes cabin built by Arch’d McNeil. Adjourned.

14 Feb 1780, Harrodsburg.

Joseph Ryan, heir at law to Patrict Ryan, decd., settled 1778; on both sides of Cartrights Creek, a branch of the Beech fork of Salt River, about 1 ½ miles about the mouth.

Wm Harrison, 400; settled May 1779; on the N side of the Beech Fork of Salt River, about 1 ½ miles from the fork, includes his improvements.

James Roberson, 1000, marked & improved 1775; on both sides of Cartrights Creek, a branch of the Beech Fork of Salt River, about 2 miles below Hardens cabin.

Henry Thomas, 400, by John Clarke, corn in 1776; on the town fork of Salt River; joins land of Samuel Adams and Isaac Hite on the S, includes improvements at the mouth of a dry run on the W side of the rier made by James Berry.

James Anderson, 400, settled April 1779; on the N side of Green River on a creek that runs into the river, about 5 miles from the same and 1 mile above a buffaloe (path?).

Beazel Preather, 1000, marked & improved 1775; on both sides of Pleasant Run, a branch of Beach Fork of Salt River where the Hunters Trace crosses the same, includes improvements.

It being proved to the Court that David Cowen, heir at law to James Cowen, decd. On 4 Nov 1779 instituted a settlement & preemption on account ofd the decedent raising a crop of corn; he comes into court and locates instead the same on the Waters of Chaplins Fork of Salt River near a SW course of Silas Harlen, about 3-4 miles distant, includes a large cove spring & a cabin built by Wm. Garrott.

Jno Hinkston by Jno Haggen, 1400, corn 1775; on S side of the S Fork of Licking Creek; joins the lands of Riddles Station; includes improvements.

Jno Wood, 1400 by John Haggen, corn in 1775; on a large buffaloe road on waters of the S Fork of Licking Creek; joins lands of Jno Hingston on the SW

John Sillars by Jno Haggin, 1400; corn in 1776; on the N side of the S Fork of Licking Creek, about 4 miles below Riddles Station; includes improvements.

William McCune, by John Haggin, 1400, corn in 1776; near the head of Hingstons Creek, waters of the S Fork of Licking Creek on the road leading from Riddles Station to Elkhorn.

Wm Huskins by Jno Haggins, 1400, corn in 1775 & 1776, on Huskins Run on a buffaloe road that leads to McClellens Fort; joins lands of Jno Woods, includes improvements.

James McAfee Sr by Robert McAfee, 1000, - Rejected.

James Bartlett by Wm. Gartlett, 100, marked & improved 1776; at a sinking spring about 1 mile south of the Trough Spring on Glens Creek, waters of KY River, includes improvements.

Jno Banks by Wm. Bartlett, 1000, marked & improved 1776; on the N fork of Greers Creek; joins lands of Jas Bartlett, includes improements.

James Wood, 400, settled March 1779; on the Town Fork of Salt River, joins Wm Adams lands above & Jas McCoun Jr. below.

Jeremiah Tilford, 1000, marked & improved 1775; on waters of the Town Fork of Salt River; joins the land of Jas McAfee on the E, includes improvements.

Jesse Davis by Isaac Davis, 400; settled May 1779; on the N side of Chaplins Fork of Salt River; joins lands of Wm. Harrison, includes a small sinking spring & improvements.

Jacob Harlen, 400, settled Apr 1779; on the fork of the Rolling Fork of Salt River where the N&S forks meet.

Barney Stagner, 1400, heir at law to Barney Stagner decd. By James Barney, corn in 1776; on both sides of Cartrights Creek, waters of Beech Fork of Salt River; joins lands of Robertson below.

Jno Wilson, 400, settled March 1779; on both side of Fromans Creek, a branch of Chaplins Fork of Salt River, includes improvements.

Jno McAllester, assignee of Rich’d Benson, 1400, corn in 1775; on Bensons Run near the mouth, waters of KY River, includes improvements. Adjourned.

15 Feb 1780, same location.

James Phinax, 400, settled 1778; on the S Fork of Hardens Creek, waters of Beech Fork of Salt River, about 1 mile above the mouth & up the creek.

Jas McCollack, 400, settled 1778; waters of Licking Creek, a branch of Green River on the N side, about 7miles from the river, includes a spring and at ree marked “TD”.

James Brown, heir at law to Jno. Brown decd, decd marked & improved in 1774; on Clarks Run, joins the lands of Givens below & Logan above.

Francis McBrid, 400, settled Apr 1779; on the S Fork of Licking Creek, about 5-6 miles below Riddles Station.

Jno Deremiah, 1000, marked &improved 1775; on waters of Buffaloe Creek, a branch of Beech Fork of Salt River, both sides.

It being proved to the court that Wm White, heir of Charles White decd. Instituted a settlement & preemption on a tract of land by raising corn in 1776; on the 1st of Nov 1779; now re-located to land on Hardens Creek at the mouth of the S fork; joins Bunton Camp or Prenixland on the W.

Thos Wilson by Jno Cowan, 1400, corn in 1776; on Wilsons Run, joins lands of Wm Morgan, includes spring and improvements.

Owen Devere, 1000, marked & improved 1776; waters of Hanging Fork of Dicks River on the lower side of the road leading from this to Logans Ford; includes improvements made by James Brown in 1772?.

To be continued next week.

Find a board about a specific topic