Search for content in message boards

TIP #1051 NAMES MENTIONED IN THE CERTIFICATE BOOK OF THE VIRGINIA LAND COMMISSION, 1779-1780. PART 31

This board is read-only and closed to new posts.
Replies: 0

TIP #1051 NAMES MENTIONED IN THE CERTIFICATE BOOK OF THE VIRGINIA LAND COMMISSION, 1779-1780. PART 31

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 6:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hume, Chambers, Miller, Bard, Rollins, Hart, Hinton, Davis, Gallaay
Same date and location as last post.

Patrick Allison, 1000, by John Fleming, M&I 1776; on a branch of Licking Creek, about 12 miles from the upper Blue Licks Northward.

Wm Garrott, 1000, M&I 1776; on one of the east branch of Clerk Creek, about 3 miles from the forks of same.

John Hume, 1000, rejected as it appears he made improvement on warranted land. He then made application for 1000 as assignee of John Chambers, M&I 1776; on Salt River near the head of the first big creek that empties into the river above Floyds Fork.

John Andrew Miller, 1000, M&I 1776; on N side of the N Fork of Elkhorn on the 4th run above McClellen’s Spring, about 1 ½ miles up the run. Improvements. Adjourned.

22 Apr 1780, same location.

Rich’d May, 400, settled in 1777; on the W fork of Cane Run near the mouth; joins the lands surveyed by Wm Henry, including improvement made by the Lexington Trustees.

James Bard, 1000 – rejected, no details.

Joseph Blackford, 1400, heir at lat of Sam’l Blackford, decd. Corn 1775; on N Fork of Glens Creek, includes improvement by Joseph Blackford & David Glen’s cornfield.

Heirs of Thos. Glen decd, 1000, by David Glen, M&I 1774, on the fidrst fork of Glens Creek about 2 miles above the forks; small sinking spring & improvements made by David Glen.

Anthony Rollins, 1000, M&I 1775; on the head of the N Fork of Clear Creek, waters of KY River, includes large spring, improvement.

Wm McMeckhant, 1000, by James Galloway, M&I 1776; on one of the W branches of the main fork of Licking Creek, about 12 miles from the upper Blue Licks, improvements.

Geo’e Hart Jr, 400, M&I 1779, actually settled in the spring lying on Breashiers, waters of Salt River, joins lands of Evan Hinton on the creek and a place of Wekerham up the said creek.

Wm Galloway, 1000, by James Galloway, M&I 1776; on Stoners fork of Licking Creek, below Michael Stoner’s land, about 3-4 miles and running East.

James Hendrick, 1000, by Joseph Tomleson, M&I 176; on waters of Hingston for of Licking Creek, supposed to be about 20 miles above Hingston’s settlement on a branch of that coming from the E, near 3 miles from the mouth of the creek; joins lands of Sam’l Tomleson, Ebenezer Coan and Lizmon Basey, improvements.

Joseph Tomleson, 1000, heir at law to Sam’l Tomleson decd, M&I 1776, on the N side of Elkhorn Creek on a branch that empties into the N Fork, about 4 miles above McClellan’s Fork & about 1 ½ miles up the branch; includes Joseph Tomleson’s improvements with a cabin and land cleared.

John Wilson, 1000, by Joseph Tomleson, M&I 1775; on a branch of Hingston’s Fork some little distance above Hingston & about 14 miles up the branch; near the lands of Dan’l Gelasby; improvements made by John Hartness.

Heirs of Henry Carlter by Joseph Tomleson, 1000; rejected as it appears the heir has not taken the oaths of Fidelity and Allegience.

James Davis, 100, by Joseph Tomleson, M&I 1776, on the Forks of Hingston’s Fork of Licking Creek near the lands of James Hendricks; includes improvements.

Isaac Greyers, 1000, M&I 1776, on the head of the 2nd branch of Clear Creek, waters of KY River, includes lrge spring.

Alexander Mitchell, 1000, by Wm Mitchell, M&I 1776, on a small branch that runs into Clear Creek on the N, about 3 miles below a place called Greyer’s Camp, improvements.

Adam Coones, 1000, by James Gallaway, M&I 1776, on a run that empties into the W branch of Licking & running S, includes improvements.

Geo’e Stitlemore, 1000, M&I 1776, on the waters of KY River between 10-15 miles S from Drenning Lick on a large buffaloe road; includes improvements.

Charles Stewart, 1000, by Rich’d Bard, M&I 1776, waters of KY River, about 8-10 miles from Leestown, partly a S courst, includes improvements.

Sam’l Potter, 1000, by Rich’d Bard, M&I 1776, waters of KY; joins lands of Geo’e Sittlemore, improvements.

Rich’d Bard, 1000, M&I 1776, between Benson upper &lower creeks, waters of KY River, improvements.

It appearing to the court that Pemberton Rollings has sold his right of settlement & preemption to John Craig, ordered that Craig be entered as assignee of Rollings & entered on the records.

John Lawrey, 1400, corn in 1776; on McCowns Fork waters of the N Fork of Elkhorn, about 1 ½ to 2 miles above the Stamping Ground on a small branch of the run; joins the lands said to be claimed by Steph’n Lawrey and Wm McConnell.

Robt Foaker, 1000, by Moses Cherry, M&I 1776, on the little KY River about 15 miles from the mouth on the 2nd fork.

Moses Cherry, 1000, M&I 1776, on the N side of Elkhorn Creek on the 2nd branch above McClellen’s fork

Stephen Archer, 1000, M&I 1776, on the N side of the N branch of Elkhorn, about 5 miles above McClellen’s fort, improvements.

Rob’t Foeman, 1400, M&I and corn in 1776, on Fox Run, branch of Breashiers Creek, above & joins the lands of Evan Hinton, includes a large rocky spring & improvements.

Ash Emmerson, 1000, M&I 1776, on head waters of Dry Run that empties into the N Fork of Elkhorn, 1 mile above McClellen’s Fort, includes spring and improvements.

Hugh Emmerson, 1000, by Steph’n Archer, M&I 1776, on N side of the N Fork of Elkhorn, about 1 miles above Stephen Archer’s land, large spring & improvements.

James Gallaway, 1000, M&I 1776, on Stoners Fork of Licking Creek, joins lands of Michael Stoner.

Ebenezer Corn, 1000, M&I 1776, on a small west branch of the main fork of Licking Creek, joins lands of James Hendricks, includes improvements.

John Reed, 1000, by James Gallaway, M&I 1776; on Stoner’s Fork of Licking Creek, 4-5 miles below Stoner’s settlement, opposite mouth of the first large creek below the settlement, improvements.

Bazel Stoker, 1000, by James Gallaway, M&I 1776, on a W branch of the E side of Licking Creek, includes a large sinking deer lick, about ¼ of a mle from an old Indian town.

Anthony Junkin, 1000, by Jas Gallaway, rejected.

Andrew Miller, 1400 corn in 1775, on the waters of Dolans Run emptying into Glens Creek, includes improvement. Known by the name of Linn Spring.

Benj’m Roberts Jr, 1400, corn in 1775, 6-7miles near a SW course to include a large meadow from the falls of the Ohio, includes improvements.

Rich’d Shankler, 1000, M&I 1775, on the fork of the Beeck Fork & Chaplins Fork of Salt River, about 1 miles above the forks. Adjourned.

22 Apr 1780, same location.

Capt’n John Craig, came into court and declared that it is not in his power to comply with an order of the 22nd granted to Pemberton Rollins being sent to Williamsburg. The Court was fully satisfied that the land granted was purchased from Rollings by Craig and Rollings was killed by the Indians and there is no heir in the county to assign over the certificate. Opinion of the court that the survey & preemption warrand for the land ought to issue in the name of John Craig, assignee.

Rich’d Graham, 1400, by John Crittenden, corn in 1776; on the Ohio River, joins lands of Thos. Powell.

John Conner, 1400, by Jno. Crittenden, corn in 176 & improvements, on N Fork of the S Fork of Licking Creek, below & adjoining lands of Anthony Buckner on his lower line.

Luke Conner, 1400, M&I and corn in 1787i6; on the N Fork of the S Fork of Licking; joins John Conner’s lower line, includes improvements.

Wm Bennett, 1400, by Crittenden, M&I & corn 1776; on a small branch of the S Fork of Elkhorn known as Crittenden Camp; includes improvements.

Thomas Farrow, 1000, by Jno Crittenden, M&I 1776; on Buck Lick Creek, a branch of the N Fork of the S Fork of Licking, includes improvement.

Timothy Payton, 1000, by John Crittnden, M&I 1776; head waters of Licking Creek, about 4 miles SW from lands of John Cannon, includes rock spring & improvement.

Mathew Walker, 1000, rejected.

To be continued next week. Sandi

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions