Search for content in message boards

TIP #1052 NAMES MENTIONED IN THE CERTIFICATE BOOK OF THE VIRGINIA LAND COMMISSION, 1779-1780. PART 32

This board is read-only and closed to new posts.
Replies: 0

TIP #1052 NAMES MENTIONED IN THE CERTIFICATE BOOK OF THE VIRGINIA LAND COMMISSION, 1779-1780. PART 32

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 7:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McClellen, Casey, WIlliams, Ryand, Williams, McGee, Harden, Peaxcall, Coleman, Spangle, Beard, Slaughter
Same date and location.

John McClellen, 1000, by Alex’r McClellen, M&I 1776; about 1 ½ - 2 miles NE from Leestown on a small path that leads to Bartletts Fitgarrard & Andrew McConnells; includes improvements.

Same, 1000, by same, M&I 1775; on N branch of the N Fork of Licking Creek near Lees Creek; improvements.

Heirs of Benj’n Casey, decd, 1000, by David Williams, M&I 1776; on the 2nd Buffalo Crossing on the Middle Creek of Stoners Fork of Licking Creek; includes improvements.

Heirs of Rich’d Ryand dec’d, 1000, M&I 1776; on a small creek that runs into the Ohio below the mouth of Licking Creek, about 3 miles from the river; includes improvements.

Vincent Williams, 1000, by David Williams, M&I in 1774, 1775 & 1776. He offered to locate on Salt River joining the lands of Isaac Hite. It appeared to the Court that Williams improved the land and deserves the land but the Court had granted a certificate for that land to Jno McGee. They cannot issue another certificate for that location, nor can they determine the priority of the claim as McGee wasn’t present & cannot be summoned to appear until the authority of the Court expires. Williams had to proceed for redress by way of caveat.

Ennis Harden, 1000, by David Williams, M&I 1775; on the head of the main fork of Stoners fork of Licking Creek about 5 miles above Douglasses’ survey; includes improvements.

John Peaxcall, 1000, by David Williams. Had not taken the oaths, rejected.

Peter Coleman, 1000, by William Spangle, M&I 1776; on a run that empties into Floyds fork of Salt River, the run heads near Bullskin, includes improvements.

James Beard, 1000, M&I 1776, on the E fork of Licking on a branch called McGrew’s Mille Seat, includes improvements.

Cadwallader Slaughter claimed 1400 – rejected for want of proof.

Berkley Fitzerald, 1000, M&I, on the main fork of Elkhorn about 2 ½ miles below the forks, improvements.

Lenifield Sharp, 1400, by Benj’n Rob’ts Jr – had not taken oaths, rejected.

Zecheriah Archer, 1000, by Stephen Archer, M&I 1776; on the N side of the little Kentucky River on the fidrst large bend, about 5 miles above the mouth.

Lewis Thomas, 1000, by John Askins, M&I 1776; on Harden Creek, a branch of the Rolling Fork of Salt River on a jpoint where another small creek runs in, both sides of the creek, about 2 miles below Mark Harden’s land.

James McConnell Jr, 1000, by Wm. McConnell Sr, corn in 1776, on the E side of the N Fork of Elkhorn on a run that empties into the said N Fork, about 1 mile bove Deale Lick, improvements.

Adam McConnell, 1000, M&I 1775, about 1 ½ miles up the Timber Ridge on the E Fork on the E side; includes a small spring & improvements.

Wm McConnell Sr, 400. Already had a certificate for 400 acres issued Feb 1780; returned and says he is entitled to a settlement by virtue of raising a crop of corn in 1776, lying on McConnells run, a branch of the N Fork of Elkhorn about ½ mile below the Buffaloe Road, awarded.

Geo’e Dirkins, 1000, M&I 1776; on a branch of the N Fork of Licking Creek which heads up with the middle fork of Lawrend’s Creek, beginning ¼ mile below Harrod Smith’s corn field going west, improvements.

James Nevil, 1400, by Rich’d Jackson, corn 1775, adjoining lands of Rich’d Jackman in the forks of Dicks River running towards Hawkins Creek to the top of a high ridge leading toward the Hanging Fork.

Dav’d Buckhannon, 1000 – rejected.
Rob’t Woods, assignee of Simon Buttler, 1000, rejected.

Rob’t Woods, 1000, by Jno Crittendon, M&I 1774, on the Ohio River about 25 miles above the mouth of Siota; improvements.

John Woods, 1000, by Jno Crittendon, M&I 1775, on the Ohio River, joins lands of Rob’t Wood, improvements.

David Mitchell, 1000, by Jno Greyer, M&I 1776, on the N fork of Clear Creek,a bout 1 mile above the forks, includes improvements.

Wm Mitchell by David Mitchell, 1000 – rejected.

On motion of Dav’d Mitchell for leave to remove a location for which he has obtained a Certificate sufficient appearing for the same, granted. He now located on the head water of the South Fork of Cane Run; joins lands of McDowell, includes improvements.

Rueben Powell by Jno Porter, 1000 acres – rejected.
Michael Findley Sr, by Wim Bard, 1000; hadn’t taken the oaths, rejected.
Michael Findley Sr, by William Bard (sic), 1000, rejected.

It appearing to the Court that Edward Camp was intitled to 1000, but not located yet; he came into court and located about 2 miles from the Flat Lick between the Falls & Bulletts Lick, nearly NW, improvements.

Hugh Alexander, 1000, by Wm. Alexander, M&I 1776; in the forks of Elkhorn about 4-5 miles above a large pond spring; improvements.

Wm Alexander, 1000, M&I 1776; in the forks of the Elkhorn, joins above the lands of Hugh Alexander.

Charles Harrah, assignee of Isaac Greyer, by John Maxwell, 1000 – rejected since Greyer has obtained a preemption in his own name.

Rob’t Davison, 1000, by John Maxwell, M&I 1776; on a small branch that runs into the N Fork of Clear Creek, waters of Kentucky River; about 1 mile below head of the North Fork; includes a spring & improvements.

James Power, 1000, assignee of Wm Cooks by Jno Maxwel & Rob’t Patteson, M&I 1776; on a small branch that runs into Kentucky (river) called Buck Run, about a mile from the mouth; improvements.

Wm Gray, 1000, heir at law to Geo’e Gray, dec’d by Jno Maxwell, M&I 1775; N fork of Hingston Fork of Licking Creek, about 5-6 miles from Riddle Station; improvements.

Andrew Steele, 1000, - had received a preemption in Feb 1780. Came back into court & stated he was also entitled to 1000 acres; raised corn in 17876i; about 2 miles up from the mouth of Steel Run,w aters of the South Fork of Elkhorn; includes a large rocky Spring & improvements.

Wm McConnell Jr, 1000, M&I 1775; on S side of the South Fork of Elkhorn on at race that Crdittenden & Company made from Crittenden Camp to Licking Creek, about 6 miles from Lexington; includes spring.

Martha Black, 1000, M&I 1774; on Lees Creek about ½ mile above the forks, waters of Ohio, bout 10 miles from the mouth; improvements.

Gasper Marrivele, 1000, by Jos’h Wilson, M&I 1776; heads of the dry run emptying into the main fork of Elkhorn on the S side where a large Buffaloe Road corrses, improvements.

John Summall, 1000, by Jos’e Wilson, 1000, M&I 1776; on a branch that runs into the E fork of Licking called Mill Creek, about 2-3 miles above the mouth, improvements.

James Caruthers, 1000, M&I 1776; on a branch of the third run that crosses the Buffaloe Road; spring & improvements.

Henry Penkerton, 1000, M&I 1776; S of the Stamping Ground on the S side of the S Fork of Elkhorn, about 1 ½ mile; sinking spring & improvements.

Jno Fitzpatrick, 1000, M&I 1775, on the waters of the N Fork of Licking creek to the W; joins the lands of Hugh Shannon, improvements.

Charles Whiteker, 1000, by Aquilla Whiteker, M&I 1776; on a dry run that runs into the North of Elkhorn on the N side, about 3miles above McClellens Fork & about 3-4 miles up the run near the forks, improements.

Abraham Whiteker, 1000, by Aquilla Whiteker, 1000, M&I 1776; on a dry run that runsinto the N Fork of Elkhorn below and adjoining lands of Charles Whitaker [spelled both ways], improvements.

Same, 1000, M&I 1776; on Breasheirs Creek on the W side; below & joining lands of Pendergrass; improvements.

Sarah McClellan, 1000, rejected.

Rob’t Johnson, 1400, assignee of Stephen Laway; corn 1776; on SW Fork of Cane Run, a branch of the N Fork of Elkhorn, about 6 miles from Lexington, 3 springs & improvements.

Benj’n McClellen, 1400, corn in 1776i; on Buckhen Run, a branch of the N Fork of Elkhorn; improvements.

Will’m Stewart, 1000, by Jas. Power, M&I 17775; on Buckhorn Run on side of a Buffaloe Road, improvements.

James Greer, 1400, by Rob’t Patterson; settled & resided 12 months before 1778; Middle branch of Clear Creek, waters of Kentucky River, about 1 ½ miles below Greyers Spring, improvements.

Court adjourned until tomorrow.

Continued next week. Sandi

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions