ALSTON’S STATION: 1785. Logan Co on the Red River.
ARCHER, STEPHEN STATION: Unknown date; near Cranetown in Scott Co.
ARMSTRONG, JOHN STATION: 1788. Unknown location.
ARNOLD, JAMES STATION: unknown date; Franklin Co; on the Kentucky River south of Frankfort and south of Haydon’s Station.
BARNETT, COL. JOSEPH STATION: 1790. Ohio Co, two miles easy of Hartford on Barnett’s Station Road. Attacked in April 1790.
BIG CROSSING STATION: See JOHNSON, ROBERT STATION.
BLACKBURN, GEORGE STATION: unknown date; Woodford Co, near Spring Station.
BLACK’S STATION: 1790? Jessamine Co, on east side of East Fork Clear Creek.
BLANTON’S FORT: 1770’s to 1790’s. Frankfort, Franklin Co, on Fort Hill.
CAMP HOPKINSVILLE: 1838-1839. Trail of Tears Commemorative Park, Hopkinsville in Christian Co. A major winter encampment during the Cherokee removals; located on the south bank of the South Fork Little river on US 41. The graves of Chiefs Whitepath and Fly Smith are here.
CAMPBELL, WILLIAM STATION: 1792, Scott Co. Northwest of Great Crossing.
CASEY, COL. WILLIAM STATION: 1791. Adair Co, on Russell Creek west of Columbia. This is possibly the location of a KY state militia who had a 15-man garrison in 1791 which was named the POST AT RUSSELL’S CREEK.
COOK’S STATION: 1792. Franklin Co, on Elkhorn Creek, north of Forks of Elkhorn. This was a single log cabin which was attacked by the Indians in 1792.
COOK’S STATION: 1790, Russellville, Logan Co.
CRAIG, CAPT JOHN FORT/STATION: 1783. Woodford Co; five miles south of Versailles on Clear Creek. Marker at KY 33 and KY 169.
CRAIAG’S STATION: 1790 possibly. Hart Co; at the Little Barren and Green Rivers, near Monroe.
DAVIS, JAMES BLOCKHOUSE: 1782. Christian Co; somewhere in the northeastern part of the county.
DAVIS’ STATION: unknown date. Logan Co, location not determined; may have been in Warren Co.
DROMGOOLE, JAMES STATION: 1788. Logan County, Adair. Marker on 1st St.
EMMERSON, ASH STATION. 1786. On Dry Run north of Georgetown in Scott Co; near Delaplain. Name is also spelled Emison.
FIELD’S STATION: unknown date; Woodford Co; somewhere on East Fork Clear Creek.
FLOURNOY’S STATION: unknown date; located southeast of Georgetown in Scott County; built by Matthew and Francis Flournoy.
FORT JEFFERSON: 1780-1781, 1804- unknown, 1861. Wickliffe. A VA state militia fort, built five miles below the confluence of the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers. One mile south of the town and north of Mayfield Creek. It was besieged by the Chickasaw in August 1780; abandoned later due to lack of supplies.
FORT VIENNA: 1795. McLean Co, Calhoun. A blockhouse built by Solomon Rhoades for settlers. Also known as VIENNA STATION.
GOAR, WILLIAM STATION: 1785. Franklin Co; on or near Elkhorn Creek, about 2 ½ miles northeast of Leestown and southwest or south of Innes’ Station.
GRADDY, JESSE STATION: unknown date, Woodford Co, on Glenns Creek south of McKees Crossroads.
GRAY’S STATION: 1790. Taylor Co, on the old Columbia Road at the Green River Crossing, south of Burdick.
HAMILTON, ARCHIBALD STATION: 1792. Possibly located near the Frankfort Capital City Airport, Franklin Co.
HAMILTON, ROBERT STATION: 1790. A few miles west of Frankfort in Franklin Co.
HARDIN, CAPT. WILLIAM FORT/STATION: 1780 possibly. Breckinridge Co, Hardinsburg. The KY state militia was garrisoned here in 1791 with 12 men. It possibly was located further north on the west side of Hardin’s Creek at Sinking Creek.
HARTFORD STATION: 1785. Ohio Co, Hartford. Settled in 1682; Marker on US 231 at Rough River Bridge.
HAYCRAFT, SAMUEL SR. STATION: 1780, Elizabethtown, Hardin Co – southeast side of town.
HAYDON, WILLIAM STATION: 1784, Franklin Co. On the Kentucky River south of Frankfort on possibly Yeatman’s Branch. Most like a single cabin.
HAYNES, COL. ANDREW STATION: 1780. Hardin Co,Elizabethtown. Marker at 112 W. Poplar Street at Severns Valley Baptist Church.
HELMS, CAPT. THOMAS STATION: 1799. Elizabethtown, Hardin Co.
HERNDON, THOMAS STATION: unknown date, Scott Co, northeast of Stamping Ground.
HUNTER, JACOB STATION: 1784. Jessamine Co. On the east side of Hickman Creek about 5 miles southeast of Nicholasville and north of Mt. Lebanon.
INNES, HARRY or HENRY STATION: 1792 or 1793. Franklin Co; on Elkhorn Creek, about four miles north of Frankfort.
JOHNSON, ROBERT STATION: 1783. Scott Co; on North Fork Elkhorn Creek at Great Crossing. This is also known as BIG CROSSING STATION.
KILGORE’S STATION: 1782. Logan Co, near Adairville; attacked and destroyed by Indians in 1782.
LINDSEY, ANTHONY or ANDREW STATION: 1790. Scott Co; one to two miles northwest of Stamping Ground along Lecompte’s Run.
LONG HUNTER CAMP: 1771. Mt. Gilead. Winter hunting camp for the “long hunters” from VA and NC under Col. James Knox. Also known as CAMP KNOX. Daniel and Squire Boone visited here. Marker at Long Hunter Camp (KY Route 767) and Skinhouse Branch Drive (KY 2188).
MAJOR, JOHN STATION: 1784. Franklin Co, southwest of Forks of Elkhorn.
MANTLE ROCK: 1838. Near Carrsville – Trail of Tears National Historic Trail. Southwest of the town on KY 133 and west of Joy.
MARBLE CREEK STATION: unknown date; Jessamine Co, somewhere along Marble Creek, near Spears. This might have been in Fayette Co.
MAULDING, JAMES STATION: 1780. Logan Co, on the Red River near MORTIMER STATION, about 10 miles south of Russellville. Abandoned for a time in 1782.
McCRACKEN, JOHN FORT/STATION: 1776-1777, 1781, Georgetown, Scott Co. Located at Royal Spring. Left in ruins after an Indian raid in 177, it was used again in 1781. Marker at Big Spring Park on Water Street.
McCRACKEN’S STATION. Unknown date. Scott Co; on McCracken Creek northwest of Georgetown. Most likely one cabin.
McFADDIN, ANDREW STATION: 1785. Warren Co; about four miles west of Bowling Green on the north side of the Barren River opposite Drake’s Creek, at the crossing of the old Cumberland Trace. Also shown as McFadden. This station was attacked by Indians in Apr 1786. Marker located at the Cumberland Trace Elementary School.
MORRISON’S STATION: unknown date, Jessamine Co. Located somewhere along Hickman Creek.
PHILLIPS, PHILLIP FORT: 1781-1786. Larue Co on the north side of Nolin Creek, 1 ½ miles west of Hodgenville.
PITTMAN’S STATION: 1780. Green Co; near Greensburg on the Green River crossing the old Cumberland Trace. This station was also known as VANCE’S STATION.
POND STATION: 1790. McLean Co, about four miles southwest of Calhoun.
POST AT SEVEREIN’S VALLEY: 1791. Hardin Co, a KY state militia garrison with 10 men, in the Elizabethtown area.
PRICE, BENJAMIN STATION: unknown date, Wayne Co. Monticello.
ROBINSON, JAMES STATION. 1788. Christian C., location unknown.
SAUNDER’S STATION: unknown date and location.
SCOTT, GEN CHARLES STATION: unknown date; Woodford Co, on Craig Creek near Kentucky River.
SCOTT, JOHN STATION: 1780’s?. Scott Co near Stamping Ground. Most like one cabin.
SHAW, BENHAM/BONUM STATION: Possibly 1780. Grayson Co, Leitchfield. On Shaw’s Station Road on the headwaters of Beaver Dam Creek.
SHIPP, LABAN STATION: unknown date; near Newton in Scott Co.
SOVERIN STATION: 1780. Elizabethtown, Hardin Co. Various spellings of name.
VANCE’S STATION: See PITTMAN’S STATION.
VAN METER, JACOB SR STATION: 1790. Hardin Co, ½ mile west of Elizabethtown on Valley Creek.
VIENNA STATION: See FORT VIENNA.
WALKER’S STATION: unknown date and location.
To be continued.