Search for content in message boards

FIELDS

Replies: 4

FIELDS

Fred Lon Strickland (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 1998 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query

Unknown couty. The information that I have is very thin.

Irvine FIELDS was born in the late 1800s, but I don't know the year nor the Kentucky location. [I once was told that his middle inital is "E" and that he was born in Millstone Letcher County Kentucky. But I don't know if this is correct. Also I was told that Irvine FIELDS is a full blooded Cherokee Indian, but I haven't seen any documention of that fact.]

Irvine FIELDS married Bessie BELT of Tennesse (she was born On 17 July 1898). I don't know when they married.

They had a number of children together and it appears that they were all born in Kentucky. They are Charles C. FIELDS, Catherine ? FIELDS, Eugene ? FIELDS, Mildred ? FIELDS, Ruth ? FIELDS, Lilliam (?) FIELDS, Lacy ? FIELDS, Joan ? FIELDS, Genua(?) ? FIELDS, and Myrtle Lorene (FIELDS) STRICKLAND.

[The last person is my mother. She was born on 28 October 1934 in Kentucky and she died on 27 January 1962 in California. She was buried in Clay County Florida.]

Between 1934 and about WWII, the family moved to the north Florida area.

At some point after 1934, Irvine Fields died in a well cave-in. I haven't been able to obtain the location of this accident. I have the impression that the family moved to Florida after the death of Irvine FIELDS, but I am not sure.

Between 1945 and 1965 Bessie L. (BELT) FIELDS married Rev James Levi STRICKLAND of Clay County Florida. They didn't have any children. She died on 18 February 1969.

The foregoing is all that I know on the FIELDS. I am thankful for any information that anyone has. Thank you.

FRED L. STRICKLAND
Son of Alonzo Abe STRICKLAND of FL and Myrtle Lorene (FIELDS) STRICKLAND of KY

"son" of Irvine ?. FIELDS and Bessie L. (BELT) FIELDS
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Fred Lon Strickland 13 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT 
tlzada1 4 Nov 2007 7:07AM GMT 
hatroeh1 3 Jun 2013 7:58PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 4 Jun 2013 7:10AM GMT 
ELLinSpain 4 Jun 2013 7:24AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic