Search for content in message boards

Harris Family

Replies: 15

Re: Harris Family

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 4:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Re: marriage licenses. I would suggest you call the two counties. If they have a license for him, you should be able to get it cheap. I always ask for just an UNCERTIFIED PHOTOCOPY of the original marriage license. It is not needed for any legal purpose, so you shouldn't have to pay for their fancy paper and seal. Any of the KY counties I have dealt with will send you a PHOTOCOPY for about $1.00. You may need to send them a SASE (self addressed stamped envelope) with a short note telling them which record you need.

I would also try to get obits for George's parents. Obits may name the children (and sometimes their spouses!). Obits may also tell where the children were living. Try the Rowan County Library.

Since you have the exact death dates, they may be able to find obits for you. Probably a few dollars and a SASE will do it.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
marykatherine... 10 Nov 2012 8:42PM GMT 
marykatherine... 10 Nov 2012 9:46PM GMT 
marykatherine... 10 Nov 2012 8:46PM GMT 
meekernj 10 Nov 2012 11:43PM GMT 
marykatherine... 10 Nov 2012 6:11PM GMT 
meekernj 10 Nov 2012 4:25PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic