Search for content in message boards

GIBSON in KY 1800s: migration to north central MO

Replies: 3

GIBSON in KY 1800s: migration to north central MO

Posted: 2 Sep 2013 1:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Sep 2013 1:27PM GMT
Surnames: GIBSON, DILL
About twelve years ago I started a thread on this list and it was hijacked so I think it's time to begin again. Alas, I'm still in search of the same information but here is what I know:
In the 1910 census for Jackson Co., MO there is a Harry GIBSON with wife Doris (DILL) and dau Elsie; (a son, Harry Henry GIBSON would be born the next year). Harry Henry GIBSON b. 1886 MO (names verified in other documents) is recorded in the '10 census having a father b. KY and mother, TN. After a decade of research I've found no records of his death or his birth family: he appears to have vanished after about 1911. All I can think to do now is ask GIBSONs, and other researchers of KY, if they have a family who migrated to MO (likely to north central MO counties of Linn and Sullivan) with a son named Harry Henry GIBSON b. 1886 in MO. His wife, Doris DILL was b. in Linn Co. and one record says he was b. Linn/Sullivan. As GIBSONs were known for following naming patterns I'm hoping this odd combination of Harry Henry will emerge once more. I believe most people are aware that Harry is the nickname for Henry - thus we have Prince Harry whose given name is Henry. Further, I have researched the DILL family and their are no descendants with knowledge of the GIBSON-DILL family. I have have done what I can coming forward and now must look back to KY. I would be deeply appreciative for clues or suggestions on how I might approach this search. I once read that there was a "settlement" of GIBSONs in Linn/Sullivan Counties, MO but have found no further information; it also said many settlers of the area were from Kentucky. Thank you for reading this!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
grizziesgirl 2 Sep 2013 7:15PM GMT 
meekernj 3 Sep 2013 12:41AM GMT 
thomasker2 9 Sep 2013 7:13PM GMT 
grizziesgirl 2 Oct 2013 2:25AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions