Search for content in message boards

James F Green / Susan Hutchins; Preachersville, Lincoln County Kentucky

Replies: 0

James F Green / Susan Hutchins; Preachersville, Lincoln County Kentucky

Posted: 9 Feb 2014 11:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Feb 2014 11:11PM GMT
I have collected information from newspaper articles from central Kentucky which gives accounts of the family of James F Green and Susan Hutchins in the early 1900’s. This is a summary of what I was able to find:

In September of 1904 James F Green, who is 77 years old, becomes seriously ill. His Son, Mose Green of Texas, spends the holidays with his father in Preachersville and returns to Texas mid January. On the 8th of March 1905 James F Green passes away. His obituary notes that he married “Miss Susie Hutchins in 1849”, and moved to Preachersville from Bell County Kentucky in 1873. He is “buried on his own place” (his farm in Preachersville).

On April 1st 1905 the youngest daughter of James F Green and Susan Hutchins, Virginia “Jennie” Green, marries Christopher Links at her mother’s residence in Preachersville. Rev. I.F. Rodgers, of Oklahoma, performs the ceremony. In early April, the 46 acre farm of James F Green is sold to J.L. Hutchins for $835. By mid April 1905, Susan Green (Hutchins), her daughter and son-in-law move to Texas where they will make their future home.

In November of 1906, 78 year old Susan Green (Hutchins) has become “dangerously ill”, and her daughter Mrs. J.P Rodgers [Martha Green] has gone to Texas to be with her. In December of 1906 word has been received back in Preachersville that Mrs. Susan Green (Hutchins), the wife of the late James F Green, has died at the home of her son. She had left Preachersville two years before. J. L. Hutchins sells the former farm of James F Green to Mrs. Ed Foley for $1500 in October of 1906.

Find a board about a specific topic